v17 Kodi 17.6 on RetroPie?
Hi! I have a RetroPie installation. Besides it crashing quite often, the other problem is, that I can't seem to be able to update from Kodi 17.3 to 17.6.

If I try to run "apt-get install kodi", it tells me, that 17.3 is the newest version which hasn't been true for a while now.

What can I do to upgrade? Thanks!

1. The latest version available on RetroPie is Kodi 17.4.
  2. Kodi 17.4 is quite stable for me and many others using RetroPie/Raspbian/etc (the source is the same).
    If you post your Kodi log with your problem, we might be able to help you with your crashes.
  3. Kodi 17.6 isn't already available for RetroPie because it is still based on Raspbian Jessie and Kodi does not compile with the latest ffmpeg patches with GCC 4.9.2. We either have to fix the patches to work with gcc 4.9.2 or compile it with a newer version, either way it is not something easy to fix so you will have to wait.  
So if I was you, the first thing to do is to really update it, instructions are available on RetroPie wiki. If after that you still have crashes, post your kodi log.
Thanks! Yes, I have Kodi 17.4, you are right. Will post my log.
Hi! Here are two crashlogs:

https://pastebin.com/Df41b8LQ
https://pastebin.com/MiSFrQi7
Try removing the overclock and test.
There is an error also saying that your filesystem is read-only, this can be caused by the overclock not mounting it correctly, by incorrect permissions set, or faulty sd card. Remove overclock and post the log again if you still are having problems.
Interesting... Will try that. Thanks!
Any idea as to when 17.6 will be available on RetroPi? The builds I want aren't available on 17.4..
(2017-12-29, 17:27)Phenix51 Wrote: Any idea as to when 17.6 will be available on RetroPi? The builds I want aren't available on 17.4..
 I doubt that they work in 17.6 and not 17.4, anyway "builds" are not supported here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.6 on RetroPie?0