v17 Kodi choses the wrong subtitle
I don't know exctly when it started, perhaps when I updated my Android-based Kodi box from 17.2 to 17.3.

I usually download videos to watch later offline. Usually either English or Dutch. Now, all subtitles downloaded from opensubtitles are wrong. What I mean is: the wrong subtitle is downloaded and played back with the movie. It's not a sync problem: Kodi choses the wrong subtitle to download. How does the subtitle downloader decide which subtitle to select to download? Is this logged somewhere, so that I can check further?

Sometimes, I rename the file, sometimes not. For example, for Star Trek, my file structure and file naming convention is as follows: 

StarTrek - Discovery
  Season 01
    Star Trek Discovery S01E01.mkv
    Star Trek Discovery S01E01.mkv
    Star.Trek.Discovery.S01E04.The.Butchers.Knife.Cares.Not.for.the.Lambs.Cry.540p.CBS.WEB-DL.AAC2.0.x264-AJP69[ettv].mkv
    star.trek.discovery.s01e05.webrip.x264-tbs[ettv].mkv
    Star.Trek.Discovery.S01E06.REAL.iNTERNAL.720p.WEB.x264-BAMBOOZLE[eztv].mkv

Can anyone help?

Many thanks,
Paul
Umm a convention is when things follow a pattern. What you have there is a random mix of file names based on whatever the torrent server you grabbed them from happened to call them, at least by the looks of it.

Aside from the legality and origin of them, sort their naming out properly to start with so any subtitles have a chance of matching up with them.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi choses the wrong subtitle0