Req Clone PVR client
I'm currently using both the new Zattoo and Teleboy pvr client, but I find annoying the fact that when both clients are active the channels are mixed and there is not an automatic way to order the channels by provider (one provider after the other).

I think would be good to have the possibility to choose the provider within the TV tab or even better something like TV 1 (ClientName1), TV 2 (ClinetName2) or ClientName1 TV, ClientName2 TV so that it will be easier choosing the provider directly from the home page.
Please try a recent Kodi 18 nightly build. I've added "client priorities" exactly for the purpose to sort channels client by client.

EDIT: you can find the new setting under Settings->PVR & Live TV->General->client priorities
Yessss it works and saved me a lot of time. Thank you! Do you think might be still valid the idea to clone the PVR client in the home page.
This setting is great but I did notice that it reverts back to 0 for all clients after restart.
(2018-04-19, 12:04)snoopyjoe Wrote: This setting is great but I did notice that it reverts back to 0 for all clients after restart.

Are you sure? Please double check before you make such statements.
while I do not have the issue described above, I do have a problem with having two different PVR clients. I can (re)order the clients, but I cannot reorder the channels. Try as I might, the order that I want the channels in (which is different from what the provider feels it should be) always goes back to the provider order and client order.

Making a new channel group should allow me to have channel 5 from client 1, then channel 20 from client 2, then channel 8 from client 1, etc. Is there any way to allow that functionality? I do remember having it at the start of the Leia Nightlies, but it seems to have disappeared/regressed/got eaten by a bug.
(2018-07-06, 14:07)mediumdry Wrote: while I do not have the issue described above, I do have a problem with having two different PVR clients. I can (re)order the clients, but I cannot reorder the channels. Try as I might, the order that I want the channels in (which is different from what the provider feels it should be) always goes back to the provider order and client order.

Making a new channel group should allow me to have channel 5 from client 1, then channel 20 from client 2, then channel 8 from client 1, etc. Is there any way to allow that functionality? I do remember having it at the start of the Leia Nightlies, but it seems to have disappeared/regressed/got eaten by a bug.

You have disabled "use backend channel order" in Kodi pvr settings, haven't you?
(2017-11-21, 19:38)ksooo Wrote: EDIT: you can find the new setting under Settings->PVR & Live TV->General->client priorities
@ksooo
I discovered this new setting on Android a couple of months back and do find it quite useful. However, the setting does not seem to be available for the Windows version of Kodi. Not sure if there is a reason for that, or it's not been added as yet?

Currently using Kodi 18 nightly build from the 3rd July 18
(2018-07-06, 17:07)Dumyat Wrote:
(2017-11-21, 19:38)ksooo Wrote: EDIT: you can find the new setting under Settings->PVR & Live TV->General->client priorities
@ksooo
I discovered this new setting on Android a couple of months back and do find it quite useful. However, the setting does not seem to be available for the Windows version of Kodi. Not sure if there is a reason for that, or it's not been added as yet?

It's available for all platforms, but only if you have installed and enabled at least two pvr clients at a time.
(2018-07-06, 17:10)ksooo Wrote:
(2018-07-06, 17:07)Dumyat Wrote:
@ksooo

It's available for all platforms, but only if you have installed and enabled at least two pvr clients at a time.  
Yup, can now concur. Blush  Just enabled nextpvr client and setting now appearing.....Sorted Smile
Cheers
(2018-07-06, 17:04)ksooo Wrote:
(2018-07-06, 14:07)mediumdry Wrote: while I do not have the issue described above, I do have a problem with having two different PVR clients. I can (re)order the clients, but I cannot reorder the channels. Try as I might, the order that I want the channels in (which is different from what the provider feels it should be) always goes back to the provider order and client order.

You have disabled "use backend channel order" in Kodi pvr settings, haven't you? 
that setting has no effect, either off or on.
(2018-04-19, 21:04)ksooo Wrote:
(2018-04-19, 12:04)snoopyjoe Wrote: This setting is great but I did notice that it reverts back to 0 for all clients after restart.

Are you sure? Please double check before you make such statements.

This is happening to me too. After restart Kodi the values reverts to 0.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Clone PVR client0