Solved Support external audio files
Kodi now supports playing videos with external audio tracks. For example, if the following 2 files are in a folder:

My.Movie.mkv - has 5.1 DTS
My.Movie.mka - has DTS-HD MA 7.1

Kodi will now pick up the mka file and behave as though the DTS-HD MA 7.1 stream was part of the mkv.

Unfortunately when the media information is scanned and written into the NFO the external audio track is not accounted for and the NFO will say DTS 5.1 rather than DTS-HD MA 7.1.

My feature request is this:

Any file found that starts with the same as the movie's basename and has a supported audio extension will also be considered when writing the <streamdetails>.

Supported audio extensions are, by default: .nsv|.m4a|.flac|.aac|.strm|.pls|.rm|.rma|.mpa|.wav|.wma|.ogg|.mp3|.mp2|.m3u|.gdm|.imf|.m15|.sfx|.uni|.ac3|.dts|.cue|.aif|.aiff|.wpl|.ape|.mac|.mpc|.mp+|.mpp|.shn|.zip|.rar|.wv|.dsp|.xsp|.xwav|.waa|.wvs|.wam|.gcm|.idsp|.mpdsp|.mss|.spt|.rsd|.sap|.cmc|.cmr|.dmc|.mpt|.mpd|.rmt|.tmc|.tm8|.tm2|.oga|.url|.pxml|.tta|.rss|.wtv|.mka|.tak|.opus|.dff|.dsf|.m4b

I am willing to take a stab at implementing this myself if such a PR would be welcome and somebody can give me some details to get me started.

Edit: Looks like they actually are already detected, I didn't notice. So maybe all that's needed is an option to write external audio track information to the NFO's <streamdetails>? It looks like when I scan an mkv with Atmos as internal it sets audio code as "Atmos" but that same track in an external mka shows up as "TrueHD". Not sure if there's another codepath I'm missing somewhere...
Well that was easier than I expected:

https://github.com/tinyMediaManager/tiny...r/pull/227
https://github.com/tinyMediaManager/tiny...r/pull/228
I just merged your pull requests - will be in the next version
thanks!
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2017-11-22, 12:55)mlaggner Wrote: I just merged your pull requests - will be in the next version
thanks!

Awesome, thanks. Any idea when the next version will be out?
I hope we can get it finished in the next week
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Support external audio files0