Video freezes momentarily while audio continues...
yep… freezing fixed now as I'm not using GPU at all...

cpu percentages have obviously risen but that's a small price to pay...
I have the same issue for my Mac Mini, running High Sierra. Since the Mac update my Kodi for the first time is not working. Video Freeze and few seconds of audio
What exactly did you do to fix the problem. I tried the VTBDecoder switch “off.” The problem still persists.
You have to switch off GPU acceleration. Only workaround until the Kodi devs investigate and patch as I can't see Apple lifting a finger… 8(
Same problem here with High Sierra and a MBA. Plus, when I play an ordinary 1080p (x264) video, the fans start to turn at a pretty high speed, it is really annoying. I think the problem started when I make the update to OS 10.13, so I don't know if it comes from Kodi or Apple.
It seems that there is a video driver/rendering issue. Kodi 17.6 compiled 5 may 2018. Video is spontanius freezing and sounds keep running. easy to recover from by stop and restart video.
It can be something about " CrenderManager wait for buffer timeout waiting. "
Any thoughts about the cause? (i didn't had this problem in earlier version of Kodi 16.x)
Hello:

For the record: I have had this issue since day 1 on my MacBook Pro since upgrading to macOS 10.13. I've tried every release since and, although it has improved, I still get regular display hangs. I wait a minute or two, and then everything continues as normal. I never had this with macOS 10.12 - only since upgrading.

And I'm not running Kodi on it. So, as far as I'm concerned, this is definitely an Apple thing - not a Kodi thing.

Hope that's of some use,

Pants.
I'm seeing this with some movie encodes on an NVidia Shield running 17.6 and only on some platforms.  For instance, I encoded the Blu-Ray of Super Mario Brothers from the UK (never released in HD in the USA as it's not exactly a popular movie) and it plays fine on my FireTV 4K (2nd gen) running KODI 17.6, but it won't play AT ALL on my NVidia Shield running the same.  Then I discovered that it will play OK if I turn off the change monitor refresh rate on start/stop (which I don't think the FireTV 4K was using, which explains why it worked OK).  I tried re-encoding the movie and same thing.  I tried running the straight MKV dump.  Same thing. It plays fine on the Nvidia Shield with refresh change OFF and freezes almost instantly with it on.  Other movies play fine with it on.  I have no idea what's different about it other than it being from the UK, but that shouldn't matter for 1080p files.  Now I'm playing Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and it's frozen briefly twice so far (paused less than halfway through the movie right now). 

Making matters more confusing, I just upgraded my Mac Mini Server from El Capitan to Mojave and it had problems with freezing due to the "put hard drives to sleep when possible" power saver setting.  It never hurt anything to have that enabled in El Capitan, but it would try to put my hard drive to sleep that the movie was playing off of after 20 minutes and cause it to freeze and then unfreeze after it woke the drive back up and then it would do it again in another 20 minutes.  I turned that off and it went away.  But now it's freezing with that Harry Potter movie (first two movies were fine).  I don't know it re-encoding it would help (I added the DTS:X tracks after the fact and three others in the past had issues and redoing them fixed them, but this one worked before, but maybe it's marginal?)  It's hard to tell what the problem is when it briefly freezes.  I have a Zidoo and it will have the audio drop (only audio) once in awhile (about every 3rd movie, maybe) for a split second and then of course there's the HDMI cable issue where it seems once in about 15-20 movies, it will blank out momentarily and resync (like the cable had an error in it due to length, perhaps as I use a projector and it has a 25 foot long HDMI cable).
THEATER: 11.1.10 Atmos, Epson 3100 3D Projector, DaLite 92" screen, Mixed Dialog Lift  - PSB Speakers; Sources: PS4, LG UP875 UHD, Nvidia Shield (KODI), ATV4K, Zidoo X9S (ZDMC), LD, GameCube

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video freezes momentarily while audio continues...0