How I can Catalog my music with correct Tag?
Hi I’m a new italian user. I use Kodi OpenElec on Raspberry PI 2, and I found it very good.
From few days I use Kodi for hear a music from a Ethernet MyBookWorld Edition HD with some Giga of music and, if there isn’t any problem for hear the music, thera are some problem with the tag of the files.
For catalog my music I use MP3Tag and for every my file MP3, I edit the title, artist, album, year etc., but the information that I can read on Kodi are different.
For example, with the discography of John Coltrane I edit all files and I put only “John Coltrane” like artist, without inserting other artists, even if they are present in the song. 
If I filter the library for Artists,however, I don’t find only John Coltrane but also John Coltrane Quartet, or John Coltrane & Bill Evans etc ,. etc. (in the Tag of files like Artist” I indicate ONLY John Coltrane). 
How can I have the library with only the tag that I entered with MP3Tag
I hope that you understand my bad English.
Thanks and ciao
You do not say what version of Kodi you are using with OE,  but I would recommend that you update to using LibreElec, and hence the most recent release of Kodi (Krypton).  I am not saying that is the cause of your issue, but Krypton has more robust tag processing.

Whatever you are seeing in artists is comming from your tagging, but I would need to see in more detail how you have tagged your files to spot what is happening. Perhaps post a screenshot from Mp3tag extended view (ctrl+T) for an example song that Kodi is showing under these other artists.

I am sure I can help you, but need more information.
Hi, DaveBlake, thanks for youru reply.
My kodi is the Krypton, version 17.4
May be thaht I found where is the problem. Today, infact, I disconnected the Raspberry from the my LAN (and from internet) and in music section I saw that there was many info respect at genus, artist etc. (althoug there is no music file in Kodi).
Kodi take this information, probably, from some old files that I shared in my lan, but that now I deleted from my LAn.
How I can clear the cashe of Kodi and eliminate the old tag of old files?
Thanks and ciao
Kodi is designed to allow music sources to be temporarily missing e.g. on a removable drive, so just because something can not be found during library update does not remove that from the library.

What you need to do is clean the library see http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Media/Lib..._library_2. Ensure that you scroll down the page for the muisc library, not the video one.
Thanks Dave, now it's all Ok, except that for some files missing the cover images.
Now I search if in the forum there is a discussion for resolve this problem.
Thanks and ciao
Google Album Art Downloader XUI, i only found german links in my phone...

It search on 27 sources for covers, you need to look a the settings to filter out the 100*100 or /and the 1500*1500 covers.
Its a pretty nice tool and most of the time it finds some cover
Hi meowmoo Google Album Art Downloader is a add-on for Kodi? where I can found it?
Thanks and ciao
www.google.com

Insert "Album artdownloader xui" in the search.
Its a Windows tool, not a kodi addon
I guess it this https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php?PHPSESS...ic=57392.0
Musicbrainz picard with the fanart.tv plugin is a far better way of downloading local artwork. 

Otherwise just use the Kodi scrapers for online metadata retrieval. Its works best if you have musicbrainz tags though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How I can Catalog my music with correct Tag?0