Buiding Kodi from source - pointer required
Trying to build Kodi from scratch to use on Raspbian. Why isn't relevant, it's a learning thing.

1st - apologies, this is Kodi related but the answer may not be isn't Kodi specific.
2nd - I developed software 30 plus years ago so understand compile build cycles but github wasn't around and I have no familiarity with makefiles - yet!

I have - followed the instructions here: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...aspberrypi, which allowed me to cross compile, build and completed successfully as far as output goes.

Issues -
1) What do I need to copy across to the RPi to install and try? All the info I can find on builds now refers to Pre-packaged versions of Kodi, themes and add-ons. Of course anyone using git normally understands the output or can decipher the makefiles. Neither helps me unfortunately. Any references to where I could go to learn what to use as output? An answer for this specific case preferred but more general answer OK.

2) These instructions of course refer to the current master and I want Krypton. I've downloaded the relevant source, but wary of long compile times on my hardware where possible I'd like to  re-use what's already been compiled of the support modules, tools etc. (or at least not overwrite what's useful next time I go back to 18)   Again, any references to where to go to learn how the whole compile and build processes fit together for Kodi appreciated.

Apologies if the question may appear non-specific, but when you don't know...

Thanks
You have all the info you need here:

http://blog.nunosenica.com/compiling-kod...n-stretch/

If you find anything to improve just let me know Smile
Just skimmed the main article and a few of the links.

That looks about perfect for what I need and what I know at this point. Suspect it will take me a while to work through it, especially if I compile native rather than cross compile and link but that's what I am after.

Many many thanks.
That guide considers native compilation and not cross compilation. So I guess your good to go. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Buiding Kodi from source - pointer required0