v17 need help
Hello all, I just joined the forum, but I think it was a mistake. You see I am 73 and totally tech ignorant!. I have Kodi but it is not working as it should there's no way I can juggle the problem, so I figured some member on here could do an install for me but I can find no thread with that offer am I wrong?. Thank you all.    digby
We will first have to know the very nature of your problem with Kodi. Be as specific and detailed as possible.
Especially since Kodi can be installed on a multitude of devices and personal computers.
my system is amazon firestick, windows , I think it needs uninstall, then reinstall with buffer protection, It also does not move on from one episode to the next just goes to the same one, also during a film etc it stops and returns to home page. That my friend has stretched my knowledge of kodi to its limits!!!. Thank you for your interest Klojum.
An Amazon Firestick does not run Windows. And I have no idea what you mean with 'buffer protection'.

I am going to ask you to provide a log file that Kodi produces.
You can see the how-to details here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Log_file/Easy
Hi digby,

you said:
(2017-11-22, 14:54)digby Wrote: [...]I have Kodi but it is not working as it should[...]

Could you please explain the expected behavior of Kodi. What did you expect Kodi will/should do? This is not a question regarding software or hardware. An answer like "I want to watch my movies that I have on DVD and listen to my music that I have archived on a hard drive." is perfect.

From your second post I suspect that you might expect things of Kodi it was not (legally) designed to do. That would lead to an answer like "I want to watch recent TV shows like Game of Thrones and recent movies like Justice League." You could do the latter only by using certain additions to Kodi (aka add-ons) which are banned on this forum and therefore exempt from support. In this case we unfortunately cannot help you.

In all other cases I can assure you that this community is very capable, friendly and patient Big Grin so feel free to ask for support.

cheers!
This thread (<-- click here) may be helpful to explain a little more of what @hansl says above.

At the moment Kodi has something of a problem with other people producing additional parts of Kodi (add-ons) which are nothing to do with us but allow access to illegally sourced pirate media (generally TV shows, channels and movies for free that you would normally have to pay for, or material that should not normally be available on Kodi such as movies still in theatres).

As said these add-ons are nothing to do with us and not produced by us, but unfortunately they are doing us a lot of harm by associating our product and brand with illegal activities. The genuine rights holders (the TV channel suppliers and some of the movie makers) are actively working to crack down on this, but the press of course are running with it and making all sorts of incorrect associations which is dragging our product name through the mud. Hence we take a stand here against such add-ons and installations and do not support them.

If this is the kind of device you have then all we can offer here is to help you to clean it up and remove all of the banned add-ons (wiki), but we cannot assist in getting them to work. But if you can clarify exactly what your situation is then we can see what we can do along with our piracy policy (wiki).
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
need help0