Req Hdr subtitles
Hi all

Is there a way to fix subtitles in hdr?
Because in all colors it’s very too bright.

I will post a screenshot
You can try setting the subtitle color to gray, or a different color.
(2017-11-22, 20:08)Klojum Wrote: You can try setting the subtitle color to gray, or a different color.
 thanks but all colors are too bright
Certainly something that I also noticed when watching Netflix stuff in HDR/Dolby Vision. The subtitles are too bright.
Yes, that is really a problem. With external subtitles you can fix it by making them dark grey <font color="#808080"> but that is no remedy for the blindingly bright internal subtitles. 
Ideal would be a solution which only makes the subtitles darker for HDR sources like "IF HDR=on THEN subtitles=dark grey"
Vero 4k+ - Apple TV 4k - Odroid N2 | Yamaha RX-V483 | Sony 55XE9305 | Synology DS916+
Can you just for fun, disable Mediacodec Surface? Keep the other Mediacodec enabled please and retry?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
PQ EOTF has absolute luminance which means RGB/YCbCr code values are fixed. "64" would be 0 nits and "940" would be 10,000 nits. "512" is 100 nits. If you want the subtitles to be dimmer, then you have to use a color that has code values around 500 or even lower.
(2017-12-12, 18:39)fritsch Wrote: Can you just for fun, disable Mediacodec Surface? Keep the other Mediacodec enabled please and retry?
 Since I am not using Android I can't. Actually I am using Libreelec but I thought this may be a problem for Kodi users on all plattforms.
Vero 4k+ - Apple TV 4k - Odroid N2 | Yamaha RX-V483 | Sony 55XE9305 | Synology DS916+
same issue here. I'm using a linux box, is there any way to set subtitles in dark grey?
Anyone found a solution yet? Grey or White subtitles are both superbright white in HDR on LG OLED TV.
may be developers can add an extra "hdr color"?
any tips?
Hi.

I recently bought a Sony TV and I have just faced the same issue. Subtitles are so dammed bright when an HDR movie is played, that you get flashed in dark scenes.

There could be a way to choose a custom color in Kodi, not only just white, grey or yellow... Or just a way to adjust their brightness for these situations.

Really, it makes them very difficult to read and almost avoiding them.

Thanks!
up
Same here, this is very annoying. Is there a solution in the making?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hdr subtitles0