Kodi/Netflix HD with 5.1 AND can decode DD+?
Looking for a device that can run Kodi, and Netflix in HD and 5.1, AND can also decode DD+.

My father's sound bar doesn't decode DD+, and he's not about to buy a replacement. Which is why I'm asking if such a thing exists.

I also did look at the 'Choose the right box' thread, but nothing really fits the 'Decode DD+' part.
If you want Netflix in 1080 HD and get 5.1 Audio out of it you need to remove all official Android TV devices from the equation. They need a DD+ capable HDMI connected Audio receiver for ATV Netflix with 5.1 Audio.

You mat be able to get away with Netflix in 1080p HD and 5.1 DD only Audio if you use a unofficial Android TV ROM on the Play2

However there seems to be a game of cat and mouse going on at the moment where new versions of Android TV Netflix seems to tighten copy protected video streaming security requirements. You need to read that ATV ROM thread VERY carefully to read any issues users would be having.

The only other Android devices that decode Netflix 5.1 DD+ to 5.1 DD are the Amazon Fire TV's - no idea what happens on the 2017 Gen3 Fire TV regarding such Audio conversion. Otherwise just get a FireTV2. Self research would need to be done about Gen3 and 5.1 Netflix Audio.

There are also some DIY LibreELEC Kodi Leia Alpha test versions about that can give you 720p or 1080p Netflix with 5.1 DD audio depending on the amount of CPU grunt a hardware platform has.
How long that workaround lasts is anyones guess as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi/Netflix HD with 5.1 AND can decode DD+?0