Should I or shouldn’t I? That is the question.
Hi guys. Newbie here. But been with kodi for quite some time. I’m not the most technically advanced geek out there and I’m quite stumped at the moment. And a lip pissed. Almost every movie/show I go to stream without fail with buffer. And I get nowhere. Can’t even watch it. I try after try of different links to no avail. No matter what I do nothing. I want to throw my machine into the wall. Except it cost me so much. Could you please help me figure this out. I have a Nvidia Shield system. I bought strictly for kodi. Have nothing on it but kodi. No extra apps but kodi. I read about I can bump up my video cache to allow my buffering. Well I tried to down load Ares but had difficulties and didn’t work out for me. But after digging I saw I have a max of around 2980 memory and only like 880 of free memory left. Does this even sound normal? Where’s it all going. I have no games on the system. Don’t use it other than kodi. But right now it’s worthless to me. I thought I bought one of the best kodi players out there. According to reviews I read. Isn’t much better than the fire stick I had. My internet speed is around 83/mb down and 11/mb up. Running on WiFi. Only option. I can hard wire it. Please help. And please in lamens terms. I’m not to advanced with technical support. Thanks guys.
Hi there,

We have a zero-tolerance stance on what we consider illegal repositories and/or add-ons for Kodi, of which Ares is one of them.
It's also explained in our forum rules (wiki) which 'of course' you have read upon registration.
Installing any of the banned addons (wiki) will void your right to support here.

If you still have problems with a clean setup, you can start providing us a debug log (wiki) file via https://pastebin.com .
The Shield is one of the best Android based Kodi devices where you've got you own content stored on something like a USB drive, PC, or NAS/Server. For streaming the specs of the device matter less and quality of experience is down to the services being accessed, in your case these would be services that probably have poorly coded addons accessing overloaded servers hosting pirated content of the type we don't support here since these are illegal services, the reason links begin to fail is the rightful content owners get them blocked by the ISP's.
Ok. Thanks for all that information. Even though most of it went over my head. I am truly sorry if I affended you guys in what did or said. I only downloaded or tried to download Ares just to access my advanced settings on my Nvidia to change my buffer setting. Then I was going to delete Ares. Only reason why o was going to download it. Cause I didn’t know how to access settings any other way. Cause I’m what u call a idiot! Litterly. My x wife calls me that all the time. So again I apologize for offending you guys. I know you guys work hard at helping people that deserve it. I will keep searching this buffering issue elsewhere. I hope you all have a great thanksgiving anyway.
No apologies required, we just keep a strict policy. It's nothing personal Smile
You don't need Ares to change your buffer. Read about it on our wiki. http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO%3AModify_the_video_cache
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Should I or shouldn’t I? That is the question.0