Certifications
Have been testing TinyMediaManager as a replacement for Ember, and so far very pleased with it. One issue has come up that I'm having some difficulty figuring out. In Ember I'm able to scrape all of the certifications for a movie from IMDB and store them in the .nfo file. This way for movies that did not get rated by the MPAA in the US I can still have a sense for whether they're appropriate for a child (will become more important for me as my kiddo learns to operate Kodi, and I plan on implementing a way to block movies that are not age-appropriate from the UI).

With TinyMediaManager, there doesn't appear to be a way to scrape all the certifications, so if I select 'United States' as the certification country I end up with a lot of movies that have 'NR' as the certification. Also, with movies that were previously scraped using Ember where the .nfo file contains all the certifications, if I update the .nfo in TinyMediaManager it seems to arbitrarily assign an MPAA rating to the movie, which in some cases is not correct at all. For instance, was just updating the martial arts movie 'The Delightful Forest' and it was assigned a 'G' rating (according to the IMDB it's rated R in the US).

Is there a way to scrape all certifications? If not can I make this a suggestion for a future release?

Thanks!
did not see a NFO with multiple certifications yet? even die Kodi wiki does not mention multiple certifications.
tmm is designed with the kodi specifications in mind - thus we only have certifications for the chosen country
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2017-12-02, 11:34)mlaggner Wrote: did not see a NFO with multiple certifications yet? even die Kodi wiki does not mention multiple certifications.
tmm is designed with the kodi specifications in mind - thus we only have certifications for the chosen country
 Here's an example of the output from Ember (for The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo). I can use this information via a plugin to password protect movies that are not appropriate for her:
Quote:  <mpaa>Argentina:18 / Australia:MA15+ / Brazil:16 / Canada:13+ / Canada:16+ / Canada:18A / Finland:K-15 / France:12 / Germany:16 / Hong Kong:III / IndiaSadBanned) / Ireland:18 / Italy:VM14 / Japan:R15+ / Japan:R18+ / Mexico:B15 / Netherlands:16 / New Zealand:R16 / Norway:15 / Philippines:R-18 / Portugal:M/16 / Russia:18+ / Singapore:R21 / South Korea:18 / Sweden:15 / Switzerland:16 / UK:18 / USA:R</mpaa>
  <certification>Argentina:18</certification>
  <certification>Australia:MA15+</certification>
  <certification>Brazil:16</certification>
  <certification>Canada:13+</certification>
  <certification>Canada:16+</certification>
  <certification>Canada:18A</certification>
  <certification>Finland:K-15</certification>
  <certification>France:12</certification>
  <certification>Germany:16</certification>
  <certification>Hong Kong:III</certification>
  <certification>IndiaSadBanned)</certification>
  <certification>Ireland:18</certification>
  <certification>Italy:VM14</certification>
  <certification>Japan:R15+</certification>
  <certification>Japan:R18+</certification>
  <certification>Mexico:B15</certification>
  <certification>Netherlands:16</certification>
  <certification>New Zealand:R16</certification>
  <certification>Norway:15</certification>
  <certification>Philippines:R-18</certification>
  <certification>Portugal:M/16</certification>
  <certification>Russia:18+</certification>
  <certification>Singapore:R21</certification>
  <certification>South Korea:18</certification>
  <certification>Sweden:15</certification>
  <certification>Switzerland:16</certification>
  <certification>UK:18</certification>
  <certification>USA:R</certification>
Here's an example from the Gaspar Noe film Irreversible. It is not rated in the US, so TMM would assign I think NR as the rating if my country setting is the US. Ember picks up that in other countries this is usually rated 18+, so I can use a plugin to password protect this movie so my daughter wouldn't be able to select it:
Quote:  <mpaa>Argentina:18 / Australia:R18+ / Austria:18 / Brazil:18 / Canada:18+ / Canada:R / Czech Republic:15 / Denmark:15 / Finland:K-18 / France:16 / Germany:18 / Greece:K-17 / Hong Kong:III / Hungary:18 / Iceland:16 / Ireland:18 / Italy:VM18 / Japan:R-18 / MalaysiaSadBanned) / Mexico:C / Netherlands:16 / New Zealand:R18 / Norway:18 / Peru:18 / Philippines:R-18 / Portugal:M/18 / Singapore:R(A) / Singapore:R21 / South Korea:18 / Spain:18 / Sweden:15 / Sweden:18 / UK:18 / USA:Not Rated</mpaa>
  <certification>Argentina:18</certification>
  <certification>Australia:R18+</certification>
  <certification>Austria:18</certification>
  <certification>Brazil:18</certification>
  <certification>Canada:18+</certification>
  <certification>Canada:R</certification>
  <certification>Czech Republic:15</certification>
  <certification>Denmark:15</certification>
  <certification>Finland:K-18</certification>
  <certification>France:16</certification>
  <certification>Germany:18</certification>
  <certification>Greece:K-17</certification>
  <certification>Hong Kong:III</certification>
  <certification>Hungary:18</certification>
  <certification>Iceland:16</certification>
  <certification>Ireland:18</certification>
  <certification>Italy:VM18</certification>
  <certification>Japan:R-18</certification>
  <certification>MalaysiaSadBanned)</certification>
  <certification>Mexico:C</certification>
  <certification>Netherlands:16</certification>
  <certification>New Zealand:R18</certification>
  <certification>Norway:18</certification>
  <certification>Peru:18</certification>
  <certification>Philippines:R-18</certification>
  <certification>Portugal:M/18</certification>
  <certification>Singapore:R(A)</certification>
  <certification>Singapore:R21</certification>
  <certification>South Korea:18</certification>
  <certification>Spain:18</certification>
  <certification>Sweden:15</certification>
  <certification>Sweden:18</certification>
  <certification>UK:18</certification>
  <certification>USA:Not Rated</certification>
One last example - an early Disney cartoon called The Band Concert. Unrated in most countries, but not objectionable and I'd allow my daughter to watch it unsupervised. Ember picks up that it is rated for kids in Argentina, Germany and Spain, so I can use this info to make the short film available to her:
Quote:  <mpaa>Argentina:Atp / Germany:0 / Spain:T</mpaa>
  <certification>Argentina:Atp</certification>
  <certification>Germany:0</certification>
  <certification>Spain:T</certification>
I gather that the 'certification' tags are actually deprecated - I don't see these in the database anywhere - but the mpaa tag could include all the certifications.
okay, so EMM writes these multiple tags,
when looking at the NFO specification at http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Movies there isn't even a certification tag mentioned..

@Karellen could you tell us, what Kodi exactly supports? thx
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice - available for Windows, macOS and Linux
Help us translate tinyMediaManager at Weblate | Translations at 66%
Found a bug or want to submit a feature request? Contact us at GitLab
(2017-12-02, 17:57)mlaggner Wrote: okay, so EMM writes these multiple tags,
when looking at the NFO specification at http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Movies there isn't even a certification tag mentioned..

@Karellen could you tell us, what Kodi exactly supports? thx
 I'll defer to @Karellen but per this page there is no certification field in Kodi's database, nor can I find one when browsing via SQL. The mpaa field is just a text field and can contain multiple values, though. The use case I'm describing is that in many cases movies are not rated by the MPAA - for many independent productions, short films, etc., the distributor doesn't bother paying the fee to have the MPAA rate the movie, and there are other titles that don't get distributed in the US that would never receive a rating. If the field only contains ratings for one country and ignores ratings for every other country then outside of the more popular movies that get released everywhere there will be gaps in certifications, so any filters for certifications would either end up including a lot of inappropriate content or excluding a lot of appropriate content, unless I go in and manually assign fake MPAA ratings to movies that are not rated by the MPAA.

http://kodi.wiki/view/databases
Hello @mlaggner

There is a <mpaa></mpaa> tag in the Movie NFO file.

It maps back to the C12 field of the movie table in the myvideosxx.db. This is a simple text field. It does not allow multiple tag scraping. http://kodi.wiki/view/Databases#movie

What @mhendu is asking for can be considered a fringe use. It would be normal to use the certification from your Home country, not from every country on the planet. If Ember has the ability to create multiple Certification nfo's, then what do you do with it? Kodi won't scrape it. We have no <certification> tag. Even if you change it to <mpaa>, it will see the first <mpaa> tag, use it and ignore the rest.

(2017-12-02, 18:52)mhendu Wrote: The mpaa field is just a text field and can contain multiple values, though
Yes, that is sort of correct. It is a text field. It does not support multiple values. It will just see the entry as one string of text. You could modify the DB directly and add Australia:R18+ / Mexico:C / Norway:18 . Add as many as you want. But it will be a manual process of modifying the database at your own risk. Then you will have the problem of not being able to view the entire entry. I doubt any skin will have a mpaa field that will allow you to view hundreds of characters long.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Certifications0