Cannot create a timer rule for 'any channel'
One of my favorite movies is randomly re-aired on various channels. I've never ever actually managed to schedule a recording in advance. Hence, I was going to create a timer rule for this movie title to be searched in epg and with channel 'any channel'. Unfortunately this does not create a timer rule - unless I specify a discrete channel.

Not sure if this a genral kodi issue or just an issue with vdr/vnsi. I am using KODI 17.6 on Ubuntu 16.04.3

I'd be happy for any suggestion on how to work around this issue or - even better - if this could be fixed in the upcoming KODI 18 releases.
Currently vnsi does not support "any channel". In v18 this option can't be selcted anymore.
(2017-11-24, 17:53)FernetMenta Wrote: Currently vnsi does not support "any channel". In v18 this option can't be selcted anymore.
 Too bad. Is this a restriction of vdr/vnsi or of kodi itself? Would love to have an option for recordings on all available channels.
(2017-11-25, 00:30)Spirou Wrote:
(2017-11-24, 17:53)FernetMenta Wrote: Currently vnsi does not support "any channel". In v18 this option can't be selcted anymore.
 Too bad. Is this a restriction of vdr/vnsi or of kodi itself? Would love to have an option for recordings on all available channels.  
It can be implemented but it requires a more sophisticated design for searching epg. VDR only sets a flag if epg was changed but does not give any additional information. Assume you have a thousand channels with several days of epg. You don't want to go through all of the data on every change. Means vnsiserver would need to maintain its own data structures to enable less resource consuming algorithms.
Understood. However, if I could make a wish (and we're getting closer to X-mas Wink) this would be one of my favorite feature/future extensions of vnsi. Maybe this is dooable in one of the releases after KODI 18. Yet nothing to complain about. Everything runs pretty smooth and stable. So thanks for the work you put into vnsi so far.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot create a timer rule for 'any channel'0