Req Timeshift
Hi,

I changed from DVBViewer to VU+.

Why is there still no timeshift option for VU+ Addon?
Is it such a big deal to implement this with vu+ streams? Or is it just that no one wants it and thats why there has not been made an effort?

As far as I can tell "the only thing" the addon must do is save the current stream in an bufferfile that is stored within kodi.

Could this be implemented in VU+ Addon? > https://github.com/manuelm/xbmc-pvr-addo...Buffer.cpp
> https://github.com/manuelm/xbmc-pvr-addo...ftBuffer.h

I'd do it myself if I was only able to. (no experience and knowledge in programming)

If someone would do this I'd buy you a coffee (a big one Smile )
Kodi doesn't time shift, that is up to the backend. Why not use mythtv or tvheadend?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-11-25, 06:50)nickr Wrote: Kodi doesn't time shift, that is up to the backend. Why not use mythtv or tvheadend?

With DVBViewer Kodi did indeed do the timeshift.
As you can read in this post here:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid1934775

Could this be ported to vu+ plugin?

How do I use tvh or mythtv with a vu+ box? That would only make a longer way for the stream from the tuner to Kodi...?
Well,...
does nobody actually use this PVR-addon? 
Does nobody need timeshift? Am I alone?

In Kodi many livestreams can be paused and rewinded (eg. youtube, NFL Gamepass) because the streams are cached locally.
On VU+ itself ("Backend") you choose a patch (local is better because of perfomance) where the TV stream should be saved when starting a channel. (this is only for watching tv on the receiver itself.
Manüls timeshift feature works nearly just the same. You choose a path where the time shift buffer file should be stored and you decide if this should happen when you start a channel or on hitting pause.

As this is already written, could it not "simply" (I know this is not as simple as it sounds) be added into the VU+/enigma2 PVR-addon? 
If no ones around that can do, maybe theres somebody that could tell me who to contact ?
Problem with this add-on is that it currently has no active maintainer. So, no dev feels responsible for adding new features.

I try to keep those add-ons (yes, there's are others not having an active maintainer) alive, means that I try not to break them, but adding new features for me is out of scope for time and knowledge and interest reasons.
(2017-12-01, 09:33)ksooo Wrote: Problem with this add-on is that it currently has no active maintainer. So, no dev feels responsible for adding new features.

I try to keep those add-ons (yes, there's are others not having an active maintainer) alive, means that I try not to break them, but adding new features for me is out of scope for time and knowledge and interest reasons.
Can you provide me some documentations on how to build PVR addons? 
I think there was something, bit I can't find it in the forum.

I'll go ahead and start learning C++ then. I need it for my job, anyway.

Would just like to get some information about the building process on PVR addons.
I learned everything from poking into existing pvr add-on code. So, no idea whether there is other documentation.
I’d also really like this feature added. I wonder what I need to even attempt to build this?
Maintainer of Enigma2 PVR addon: repo, docschangelog
How to create a full debug: here
I’ve managed to build the existing plugin on a Mac. How do I take what i’ve made changes to and test in Kodi?

Can i build to a specific version of Kodi? I have just checked out the lastest. Would be good if i could build a specific version. If anyone has any pointers or docs i can read on this i'd appreciate it.

It’s been an age since I’ve used C++ but I’m sure i’ll figure it out.
(2017-12-11, 21:39)phunkyfish Wrote: I’ve managed to build the existing plugin on a Mac. How do I take what i’ve made changes to and test in Kodi?

Can i build to a specific version of Kodi? I have just checked out the lastest. Would be good if i could build a specific version. If anyone has any pointers or docs i can read on this i'd appreciate it.

It’s been an age since I’ve used C++ but I’m sure i’ll figure it out.
Hi,

I am really happy you got into that feature. Hope you can make it, as it would take me ages to achieve this. 

This is what I have found. I hope this gives you the information you need:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=219166
I also found this, if the first one isn't what you were on about:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=294038

Kind regards! Smile
(2017-11-30, 18:15)djneil Wrote: Well,...
does nobody actually use this PVR-addon? 
Does nobody need timeshift? Am I alone?

there are many ppl using this PVR-addon including me...
the request for timeshift support is also quite a while present: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=125232&page=76

i hope maybe sometime it will happen Smile
Bumping this again. Kodi and the VU plugin are the perfect way for me to watch my channels, but I miss a timeshift feature so much.
Unfortunately I tried and failed to get this working. Also, Kodi 18 changes things again so we might be better hoping that time shift moves into a Kodi feature and not part of the Addons.

Time to cross our fingers.
(2018-03-30, 01:08)phunkyfish Wrote: Unfortunately I tried and failed to get this working. Also, Kodi 18 changes things again so we might be better hoping that time shift moves into a Kodi feature and not part of the Addons.

Time to cross our fingers.

This won't happen any time soon, sorry.
I’ll try again once Leia is out/more stable.

It’s not a hugely difficult change to make it’s just my C++ is very rusty, after 20 years it’s not like riding a bike!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Timeshift1