Add on for streaming UK freeview?
Hi guys,

I live in the UK and my house is in a a valley so I don’t get any signal with an antenna. I use a sat dish to get free sat.

I don’t like free sat at all so have been looking at IPTV and have just bought an Amazon Fire stick.

There seems to be a lot of IPTV add ons out there but I’m only interested in the usual UK free view channels, anyone got any recommendations?
There is a freeview add-on out there by rayw1986 (his repo is here) which may suit your needs. He used to have an account here but I can't see it now for some reason.

There's also the TV Catchup addon, although I'm not sure that's working at the moment.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-11-24, 15:12)DarrenHill Wrote: There is a freeview add-on out there by rayw1986 (his repo is here) which may suit your needs. He used to have an account here but I can't see it now for some reason.

There's also the TV Catchup addon, although I'm not sure that's working at the moment.

Cool I’ll check them out. others ive seen are UKTVnow and IPTV extreme. Anyone know anything about these?
At least the first one is a banned addon (wiki) as it uses illegally sourced media. The other I would highly suspect as being similar.

A read of the piracy policy (wiki) might be worthwhile for you at this point.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
What is wrong with freesat? It has the advantage of being free, legal and kodi compatible.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Problem is there are not many if at all freesat tuners network or otherwise available in the UK, as I would have one, also Sky change the LNB when you go to their Q service, so when you cord cut it can drastically change your choices 😓 this is why the HDhomerun is only available in terrestrial TV in the Uk. 😓😓😓
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
(2017-11-24, 15:12)DarrenHill Wrote: There's also the TV Catchup addon, although I'm not sure that's working at the moment.

it is working also outside uk
I have tvheadend setup with a satellite card to recieve Freesat. Been running it for 4 years without issue with any channels.

Its got exactly the same channels as Freesat as far as I have noticed. The only thing I miss is E4 HD, SD works fine.
(2017-11-28, 16:14)peppe_sr Wrote:
(2017-11-24, 15:12)DarrenHill Wrote: There's also the TV Catchup addon, although I'm not sure that's working at the moment.

it is working also outside uk

Indeed it does - useful to know (says he who just tested it in Sicily...)

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-11-28, 19:29)DarrenHill Wrote: (says he who just tested it in Sicily...)

Yep!
@DarrenHill, rayw1986's repo zip doesn't install in Kodi, as I have to download manually and install it manually too. Have tried many times, but just fails to install (2 Pi's, one Mac and 1 windows 10 machine). With his Freeview addon it is close as I can get to a single 'set top box' (aka Raspberry Pi with Libreelec all encased in a Kodi branded flirc case!!). Is there anything that can be done to the zip file to make it call home?
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
(2017-11-28, 15:49)tjay260476 Wrote: Problem is there are not many if at all freesat tuners network or otherwise available in the UK, as I would have one, also Sky change the LNB when you go to their Q service, so when you cord cut it can drastically change your choices 😓 this is why the HDhomerun is only available in terrestrial TV in the Uk. 😓😓😓
Really? You cannot buy a DVB-S2 tuner in the UK? I somehow doubt that.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-11-29, 00:46)tjay260476 Wrote: @DarrenHill, rayw1986's repo zip doesn't install in Kodi, as I have to download manually and install it manually too. Have tried many times, but just fails to install (2 Pi's, one Mac and 1 windows 10 machine). With his Freeview addon it is close as I can get to a single 'set top box' (aka Raspberry Pi with Libreelec all encased in a Kodi branded flirc case!!). Is there anything that can be done to the zip file to make it call home?
 debug log (wiki)
Exclamation 
(2017-11-29, 00:46)tjay260476 Wrote: @DarrenHill, rayw1986's repo zip doesn't install in Kodi, as I have to download manually and install it manually too. Have tried many times, but just fails to install (2 Pi's, one Mac and 1 windows 10 machine). With his Freeview addon it is close as I can get to a single 'set top box' (aka Raspberry Pi with Libreelec all encased in a Kodi branded flirc case!!). Is there anything that can be done to the zip file to make it call home?

Same for me. That zip have not the correct structure. Looking inside you can find 3 folders two addons and a the repo. Zipping the repo folder out that zip let you install the repo, but after installed it doesn't work, for me, maybe old, maybe it point to a dead link..... I don't know.
The freeview add on doesn't work outside uk.
I'll have a look at it when I get a little time and see if I can find a working version or a way to get it to work (as @peppe_sr says, that one I know doesn't work outside the UK anyway, but that's not an issue for the OP).

I have at least the Freeview add-on working at home, but I'm not there at the moment (@peppe_sr - I'm about half an hour north of you, in Catania). But that's an old install so I'm not sure quite what the status is of it today, especially as his account here seems to have vanished.

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add on for streaming UK freeview?0