v17 Main Menu Movies (Categories)
Hi

I am new and trying to setup my Library.

I have a few groups of movies that i like to keep in different directory's

I found "Library Node Editor" but it seem it only works on the Videos section of the menu.

When i look at the main menu "Movies" i see all Movies together.
When i look at the Main Menu "Videos" section i see the Movies in different lists in both Categories and Sources. (I filtered on path with the Library Node Editor)

I added new parent Nodes, and they got added to the Videos section. Work just fine.
I edited the default Movies node but it don't work like the ones i added.

Is there some other way or addon i can do this with. i know i can remove the Movies main menu item and just use the Videos section but that is not what i want.
I just want to filter the main menu Movies to only one group of movies and i can get to the other groups in videos.
When movies have been scraped, they also have genres attached to them.
Is this perhaps the category replacement you are looking for?
I will try the filter on Genres also looks like all the others also.

But i found out that if i select Movies on the main menu it get all 2500 movies.
If i select the A-Z Title i get only the filtered movies about 1700 so the filter does work as applied to Titles only.

But i can not find a way to disable the Movies menu item from calling up a list or where it is in the xml files to manually edit.
I find a Movies directory and files under the library\Video file section \AppData\Roaming\Kodi\userdata\library\video\movies

Maybe edit the index.xml file

this is what it is

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<node order="10" visible="Library.HasContent(Movies)">
    <label>342</label>
    <icon>DefaultMovies.png</icon>
</node>

i tried to add the filter in there but it did not work.

Maybe there is a way to edit the content types. When adding the sources i only have Movies, TV SHows, None and Music as choices.
If i could add another choice in there just like movies but say SleazeMovies, then the groups would be separate.
Is that possible.
Ok this is what i have tried  http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Library_Node_Editor
Section 4.2 details.
This did not correct the problem that if you click/select Movies in the Kodi main menu you get all movies, no way around it.

Now this is easy to do in Plex, i can not believe i am the only one that has had this problem in Kodi.
This seems like basic needs for a user. I can see how it works just Videos menu

It is simple you have New movies, Old movies, Kids movies, Adult movies
and you want them in different library's and not all be shown all together without control.

How do i do it?  Is it the kodi 17.6 default skin problem, would a different skin allow me to correct this.

I guess i need to delete the default Movies node and try and add new ones, but so far they do not show up in the main menu using Library_Node_Editor, most likely beginners error or using the wrong tool.

looking for any workaround or addon/tool to do this.
Well maybe i found the answer here http://kodi.wiki/view/Custom_video_nodes
It seems it is the skin that is limited if i read this right.
In a vanilla install with the confluence skin, custom nodes in /video will appear in the sub-list of the Video main menu item.Custom nodes in the /video/movies will appear in the sub-list of 'Movies' which in turn appears in the sub-list of Video.In other skins (notably, Aeon Nox), custom main-menu items can be set to a custom video node, meaning that you can use your custom video nodes to have a main-menu item for your collection of post-modern european arthouse anime, if you so wish.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Main Menu Movies (Categories)0