Solved Newbie needs a bit of advice please
Hi

First time on here, so please be kind ?

I have just set up a Nexsmart D32 android box and installed Kodi 17.6 from Google Playstore. I will mainly be using the box to watch videos from a memory stick, but when I plug in the stick and navigate down to 'Video' then media source and select the USB stick, I can only get a list view option on the sidebar menu, not a 'viewtype' option.

I have another android box (Q10 Pro) also with 17.6 installed and when I open the sidebar menu, I get the option to have poster, shift, infowall, wall, fanart etc. Also the video player controls are completely different on both boxes ?

Any advice please ?
The functions are different between File View and Library View.

File View = Videos>Files

Library View = Main Menu>Movies/TV Shows

To use Library View, you must scrape your media into the Library, which is what you are not doing if you are simply navigating to Videos>Files.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Add a video source and set content to enable library mode:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources
(2017-11-25, 00:32)thesuffering Wrote: Add a video source and set content to enable library mode:
http://kodi.wiki/view/Adding_video_sources
 Thanks guy's, I hadn't 'set content' for the memory stick, once I did, everything is working as it should. Thanks for your help.
Thread marked solved.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Newbie needs a bit of advice please0