Add an External USB drive on a network to a MiBox Android TV
Hi
I've been trying to do this for a few months, then read somewhere it can't be done but want to check; here's my setup.

- MiBox which runs Android TV (Kodi is on this).
- Low powered PC with 3 external USB drives attached which contain all my content). 

I tried attaching the USB drives to the MiBox but as the drives are not powered there isn't enough power to run them (and the MiBox has only 1 USB).

They are all on the same network. 

I am trying to add the USB drive content as Movies, TV etc to Kodi. 

If I go to Add Files (Under Movies) and then Add Videos I get the usual External Storage/NFS/Root FS etc to choose.
If I choose UPNP I get a choice of Media Server (which is the PC's name) or Plex Media Server (Plex MS is installed on the PC).

I can select the Plex Media Server and then go through and find the Movies Folder Content (all the movie titles are there so the MiBox can `see' it).
I select and get the path as upnp://6a33............................. etc.

If I select OK it goes back to the Add Videos screen with the source added.

However I can't seem to select that as a Movie Source (eg: I never get to Choose which content it is).

I know I am confusing myself here - and am missing something simple, but how can I add the folder from the external USB drive on the Windows PC to Kodi on the MiBox as a scannable source.

Ernie
Share the files on your server with smb or nfs.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add an External USB drive on a network to a MiBox Android TV0