OS X remember window size and location (v19 fixes window size, placement still unfixed)
Question 
Currently: Kodi 17.6 does not remember window size and location.

Expected: As other apps on macOS this should be possible and be the default to remember the size and location of the window.

Not sure if this issue is limited on macOS.

EDIT: minor - should this subforum be renamed to "macOS" now that the thing is no longer called "Mac OS X"?
18RC4 persisting. would be great to remember the window size / setting (windowed or fullscreen)
Are you using the macos fullscreen mode (green „+“ button in the upper left window) by any chance?
It should remember window size and position when using Kodi internal window/fullscreen switch.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2019-01-01, 13:54)Memphiz Wrote: Are you using the macos fullscreen mode (green „+“ button in the upper left window) by any chance?
It should remember window size and position when using Kodi internal window/fullscreen switch.

Sorry, only now saw your reply. I am not sure I understand the question. If I click the green button (or use keyboard shortcut shift + cmd + f, which should probably be ctrl + cmd + f) I am in fullscreen. There's no position to be remembered. Click green button again and I am back in windowed mode. In that mode when I close kodi and re-open, the window position is always the middle of the screen. The request is about kodi remembering the last window position, which seems to be what most other apps do on macOS.

The feature request in regards to fullscreen is to remember that state as well. So whichever state kodi is closed in, that should be the state it is opened in after being closed.

If I misunderstood your question, please elaborate so I can properly answer it.
2019-11-10 edit: 18.4 the issue remains.
On 19a1 2019-11-09 the behavior has improved. It seems Kodi now remembers window size, which is awesome. Kodi does not yet remember position. So if I want to keep kodi in the top right quarter of my screen when restarting Kodi, it now remembers window size, but the window is always placed in the center of the screen.

It would be awesome if Kodi also remembered it's location / placement on the screen.

2021-02-21 Edit: Kodi 19.0 persisting.
Is there a way to file a feature request for this? Remembering window position would be very handy.
(2021-10-19, 11:17)Syncopation Wrote: Is there a way to file a feature request for this? Remembering window position would be very handy.

sure, please use Github: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues
Nah, don't throw on GitHub, it'll just get closed out.

Feature requests can be made at the following sub forum https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=9
Feature request filed: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=365042

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
remember window size and location (v19 fixes window size, placement still unfixed)0