Cartoon Collections with tons of episodes and your library
One example would be those Walt Disney Treasures - The Complete Goofy.  In some cases, it may have hundreds of individual episodes instead of one or two huge files.  How do you deal with this in Kodi?  In current state I now have thousands of individual episodes when browsing my movie library.  (a NFS share)  I basically have a kids_tv and a kids_movies with folders for each show and movie accordingly.  Those cartoon collections are technically considered movies.  I hope I am describing the issue well enough.  I've had trouble googling this situation as well.
Hello @Prodeje79

What is your actual question? What do you want to achieve?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-11-26, 01:37)Karellen Wrote: Hello @Prodeje79

What is your actual question? What do you want to achieve?
 hi!

Well in the perfect world, all of the episodes would just stay in the folder like it is on the share.  Instead it shows hundreds of episodes in my movies library in kodi.  Maybe there is no good way to do this with cartoon DVD collections like this that are ripped into tons of tracks like this?
Ok, so interpret your post as you wanting all your cartoons in one TV Show, Node, Playlist, Other? You just want them all listed togethar, preferably in correct viewing order and in the correct TV Show.

If your episodes are showing up in your Movie library, then that is because that is where you added them in your source.

Kodi is not a miracle worker. You then need to locate these episodes/shows at the scraper site. Once located, they need to be sorted, saved and named exactly as they are at the scraper site. You can't expect Kodi to locate your random, incorrectly named episodes and instantly know what you want.

If you are using TheTVDB scraper, then find your shows here... http://thetvdb.com/
If you are using TheMovieDB (TMDB) scraper, then find your shows here... https://www.themoviedb.org/

Once you found them then re-name accordingly.

Move them into a new source named Cartoons, or whatever you want as a name, and then scrape... http://kodi.wiki/view/Naming_video_files

I imagine these cartoons should be in your TV Show library, not your Movie library, but I am only guessing as you still haven't provided enough details.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
The difficult thing about Disney, and many other cartoons is that they are short, have appeared on TV many times in many different combinations, and when you buy and rip a dvd you get no idea which episode was broadcast when. Disney Animated Shorts on thetvdb.com has 80 seasons. It is not trivial to sort out what is which.

However there is no special case for these shows in Kodi, so if you had the complete collection of Disney Animated Shorts, you'd have 80 seasons and more episodes than I care to count https://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=seasonall&id=78988&lid=7

To enable them to be easily found or categorised you can try video nodes or smart playlists. Both are dealt with in the wiki.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Almost a year later and I never dealt with this situation.  This conversation went the route of cartoon TV shows/series.  While I think video nodes or smart playlists may be slick, in the end I am very specifically talking about the DVD series of Walt Disney Treasures.  As an example, i personally own these DVD tins like Walt Disney Treasures - The Complete Goofy (2002).  These show up in radarr, not sonarr.  I want to preserve these as DVD movies and not filling in TV episodes.

Hopefully this helps others that are trying to preserve their specific Walt Disney Treasures tin collections.  My current plan is to re-rip and store as DVD ISOs instead versus having all the episodes separately.  This is what broke my movie view in kodi.

I am still open to other suggestions, but i am thinking this will be best.  I will need to decide about ripping as one MKV or something as noted here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=320273
This may be above my understanding on the best approach here for me though.  I need to understand what i can retain or perhaps don't ened from the DVD menu perspective.
I also have some of the Walt Disney Treasures Collection and I have set them up as TV Shows.

For Example: The Chronological Donald is a Tv show in my kodi library, when entering the tv show 4 Seasons are displayed, one season for each of the Released Volumes
 -- Season 01 (aka Volume1)
 -- Season 02 (aka Volume2)
 -- Season 03 (aka Volume3)
 -- Season 04 (aka Volume4)

Every episode within a season has a dedicated .nfo file and a correpsnding thumbnail.

I did not do this manually, the thetvdb, had originally listed the different walt disney treasure collections as individual tv shows with seasons. But later they changed their policies to not allow "collections" as Tv Shows, and thus the entries where removed.

I however scrapped the information prior to the decision made by thetvdb.

If you wish, I can provide you with the metadata for: (send me a PM with yur email address)
The Chronologial Donald
The Complete Goofy
The Comple Pluto
Silly Symphonies
Mickey Mouses in Black and White
Mickey Mouse in Living Color
(2018-11-13, 23:27)DjCisco Wrote: I however scrapped the information prior to the decision made by thetvdb.
If you wish, I can provide you with the metadata for: (send me a PM with yur email address)

Seems I've been too quiet to PM. Do you happen to still have such metadata?
(2019-11-11, 02:22)pronto89 Wrote:
(2018-11-13, 23:27)DjCisco Wrote: I however scrapped the information prior to the decision made by thetvdb.

Hi yes, I have the Metadata in my collection, send me your email so i can send your a zip file with them.
(2020-04-10, 00:18)DjCisco Wrote:

Hi yes, I have the Metadata in my collection, send me your email so i can send your a zip file with them.
Hi, how can I contact you? I need the metadata for the the collections aswell and it has been driving me nuts for the last 2 weeks. Can you please mail me them to [email protected] if possible. Thanks
hello i am also interested on getting this metadata. Would it be possible to store this zip file on a cloud like mega.nz / uptobox / 1file so that other people can use it? THX
(2020-04-10, 00:18)DjCisco Wrote:

I'm also too quiet to PM, but would love this metadata - Ryan031484 at gmail.com
There is a metadata and artwork package for the Looney Tunes Golden Collection here... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=349595
My Signature
(2018-11-13, 23:27)DjCisco Wrote: I also have some of the Walt Disney Treasures Collection and I have set them up as TV Shows.

For Example: The Chronological Donald is a Tv show in my kodi library, when entering the tv show 4 Seasons are displayed, one season for each of the Released Volumes
 -- Season 01 (aka Volume1)
 -- Season 02 (aka Volume2)
 -- Season 03 (aka Volume3)
 -- Season 04 (aka Volume4)

Every episode within a season has a dedicated .nfo file and a correpsnding thumbnail.

I did not do this manually, the thetvdb, had originally listed the different walt disney treasure collections as individual tv shows with seasons. But later they changed their policies to not allow "collections" as Tv Shows, and thus the entries where removed.

I however scrapped the information prior to the decision made by thetvdb.

The Chronologial Donald
The Complete Goofy
The Comple Pluto
Silly Symphonies
Mickey Mouses in Black and White
Mickey Mouse in Living Color
I would also like all of the metadata for the above episodes, please.  [email protected]
Thank you!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cartoon Collections with tons of episodes and your library0