National Film Preservation Foundation
Seems to work fine for me on Windows and Android (Kodi 19.2) and no issues downloading on Firefox.
(2021-10-14, 06:24)barney63 Wrote: Also, just letting you know Firefox has been giving errors when downloading your addons.
Instead of downloading the addon from the link at the forum here, I went to the antinet website and downloaded from there and didn't get any Firefox errors.  Addon still not working for me though.
(2021-10-14, 16:36)barney63 Wrote:
(2021-10-14, 06:24)barney63 Wrote: Also, just letting you know Firefox has been giving errors when downloading your addons.
Instead of downloading the addon from the link at the forum here, I went to the antinet website and downloaded from there and didn't get any Firefox errors.  Addon still not working for me though.

Interesting, and good to see you found a workaround. The download links I provide use a php script that redirect to the actual file. The script counts the number of downloads.

I think the error I'm seeing in your log might have to do with the version of OpenSSL installed on your system, especially since you are still running Windows 7. I'm not sure this is really an add-on specific issue, and I don't have a Windows 7 system to try and recreate the error. If the other add-on is working for you, maybe just keep using that one. Sorry I can't offer a better solution.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: NEWSnet | NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked
@MetalChris    Update 

I tried the addon on a Win 10 tablet and it worked, also I downloaded from the link and got the same Firefox error, just putting that in there in case some see the error and are reluctant to download.

Leaves me to wonder why this particular addon won't run on Win 7, never had that problem before with any addon including the recent ones from MetalChris (Discovery/Archive.org)
(2021-10-15, 02:38)barney63 Wrote: @MetalChris    Update 

I tried the addon on a Win 10 tablet and it worked, also I downloaded from the link and got the same Firefox error, just putting that in there in case some see the error and are reluctant to download.

Leaves me to wonder why this particular addon won't run on Win 7, never had that problem before with any addon including the recent ones from MetalChris (Discovery/Archive.org)

Getting really out of my realm here, but the certificate is provided by the website and is read using OpenSSL on your system. Someone with more knowledge of Python and SSL would be able to give a better explanation, but I think that's the gist of it. Again, if the other add-on is working for you, I'd go with that. The author clearly has a better understanding of Python than I.
Kodi Nexus on Dell Optiplex 980 Lubuntu 22.04 | Kodi Nexus on HTPC Lubuntu 20.04 | My Add-ons | Legacy Repo | Matrix Repo
>>>>> Newest MetalChris Addons: NEWSnet | NHL Radio | Weather Unlocked

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
National Film Preservation Foundation0