Playback freeze
I'm having an issue where movies just stop in the middle of playback.  Kodi itself is not completely frozen as I can still show and hide the OSD, also the playback timer on the http server continues running, but there is no sound and the video does not move.  Also I cannot stop playback with the stop button.  It does nothing.  I have to kill kodi and restart it.  This whole process seems to be preceded by some stuttering in the video playback also.  It seems to happen more with some files than others.

I have a suspicion that this may be due to a failing disk, 1 of 3 in my zfs pool.  But I don't really know how to find out which one is failing.  Smartmontools tells me nothing useful.  These disks are a little older though and I seem to recall having some trouble with one of them a long time ago.  I wanted to split up my zpool and mount each disk one at a time to check, but apparently this is impossible, so how can I proceed?

I'm running Kodi 17.3 on FreeBSD 11.1
Why not using latest stable version Kodi 17.6?
Post a Debug log (wiki).
The version in the FreeBSD binary repo is not the latest version unfortunately.  The port also is stuck at 17.3 it seems, unless I'm doing something wrong. I'm new to BSD.  I will probably try building from source eventually, but I just doubt it is a bug in kodi.

Someone on the FreeBSD forums said they had the same issue while using VDPAU, so it could be the BSD nvidia driver.

I will reproduce the issue and post a debug log.

I noticed that Kodi cannot read my gpu temperature (nvidia 1030 running 384.59).  It just showed question marks.  Is there a package I can install to get this functionality?  I guess it could be overheating.
Ok it happened again.  Here is the log file.  Let me know if you need more. 

https://paste.ubuntu.com/26054385/

Oops.  That's the new log after restarting kodi.  Here's the end of the last one, just before it crashed.  The whole log file was too big to paste.

https://paste.ubuntu.com/26054414/
I've also noticed a lot of skipping audio with some movies.  It seems pretty random.  I don't know if hdd read errors can lead to this kind of behaviour.  I ordered a new hdd.  I'll try to copy everything over and see if it goes away. I will probably also switch back over to Linux to get newer versions of kodi and nvidia drivers since I've decided against using ZFS.
Well my problems seem to have just disappeared.  It hasn't happened for a long while now, after happening many times over and over in a short time.  I still believe it is a faulty hdd.  I bought a big 10tb hdd and I'm going to copy my files and tear down the zfs pool and check each drive manually.  I'm not switching back to Linux either.  Gonna stick it out with FreeBSD.
(2017-11-26, 16:23)alberteinstein Wrote: I noticed that Kodi cannot read my gpu temperature (nvidia 1030 running 384.59).  It just showed question marks.  Is there a package I can install to get this functionality?  I guess it could be overheating.
I don't know which type of housing you are using with a passively cooled GT1030, but you really have to make an effort to let the 1030 overheat. I'm running that card in a Fractal Design Mini case and it runs at about 38 dgrs Celsius in idle and upto 52 drgs when it's doing a game. Watching video makes it some 40 dgrs warm on average.
(2017-12-04, 22:21)Klojum Wrote:
(2017-11-26, 16:23)alberteinstein Wrote: I noticed that Kodi cannot read my gpu temperature (nvidia 1030 running 384.59).  It just showed question marks.  Is there a package I can install to get this functionality?  I guess it could be overheating.
I don't know which type of housing you are using with a passively cooled GT1030, but you really have to make an effort to let the 1030 overheat. I'm running that card in a Fractal Design Mini case and it runs at about 38 dgrs Celsius in idle and upto 52 drgs when it's doing a game. Watching video makes it some 40 dgrs warm on average. 
Mine has a fan on it.  It's not passive.  Still why can't kodi read the temperature?  It would be nice to have just to be sure.
Functionality would have to be ported/added. It would also differ with each major manufacturer.
OSX and Linux use different mechanisms and FreeBSD support is 'as is'.

For Nvidia nvidia-smi should get you the data. Don't know exact command line flags, using Radeon myself.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playback freeze0