Amazon FireTV -- Kodi legal issues
A very interesting article about Kodi and Amazon FireTV.  Nothing new to many of you I'm sure. 

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/amazon-fire...al-issues/
Nice sharing 
I think the best way to pass all legal issue of fire stick is jailbreak firestick.
There's no such thing as a "jailbroken" firestick.

Amazon don't do anything to prevent side-loading of Kodi (or anything else) on the devices, they just don't have us in their app-store.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-12-13, 11:08)DarrenHill Wrote: There's no such thing as a "jailbroken" firestick.

I'm confused. So are you saying when I install an application on my Windows computer without using the Windows Store, I'm not jailbreaking my Windows computer? And that not using a store has been the norm for most computers since we started making personal computers? And that jailbreaking has a very specific meaning associated with iOS products and locked down consoles such that applying it to an Android device like the Fire TV is somehow both absurd and nonsensical?

Huh, TIL.
If you could only install via the Windows store and you did something "unofficial" to it to allow you to install from elsewhere then that's jailbreaking.

On the firestick you don't need to alter the stick in any way to install stuff, hence no jailbreaking. On an apple device you do, hence it can be jailbroken. Sideloading isn't jailbreaking.

The closest an android device can come to jailbreaking is rooting it, but even that's not quite the same thing.

And in the case of most versions of windows, Microsoft don't give a damn if you install directly rather than via the Windows store. There's only one version of Win10 where the store is the only option, so that's basically the only one that could be jailbroken as all the others effectively ship jailbroken as standard.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
@DarrenHill Possibly I should have ended my reply with an /s? I was going for what I hoped was the obvious joke there. Smile
You did have me wondering Wink

But it's something I've had to explain several times before, so another one won't hurt...

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon FireTV -- Kodi legal issues0