screensaver inhibts keypresses from remote and Jsonrpc
Hi folks,

my main use case for Kodi is to listen to music with the TV being off. For a while now, I think it started with the 17 release cycle, there's a new issue with that:

Playing music, the screensaver eventually kicks in (which is the desired behavior IMHO, for the case where I leave the TV on). Once that happens, each command being received by kodi is not handled properly, instead it just turns off the screensaver.

That means, depending on whether the screensaver is on or off, it differs how often I need to e.g. press the pause button. With the TV being off it is especially annoying as I can't see the state, I just need to press and hope it works, if not, press a second time.

This happens with with the remote (2.4GHz input device) as well as with an app using jsonrpc and calling Player.PlayPause.

For the input device (remote, keyboard) I guess this is arguable whether this is desired behavior or not as a keyboard keypress probably should indeed wake up the screen before doing something. With my case tho, using the media buttons (Play, Pause, Skip) it is really annoying to never know if the first press will work or not. But for JsonRPC at the very least I think this is undesired behavior.

What do you think?
Right, JsonRPC commands should not be eaten by the screen saver.
An even older bug is that you couldn't wake from screensaver using jsonrpc
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
screensaver inhibts keypresses from remote and Jsonrpc0