• 57(current)
Release Google Drive for KODI
As I found out, this add-on works better than ddurdle's version as it can transcode some files that ddurdle's cannot and can more easily automate the process of automatic .strm files creation.

So far so good, the playback is awesome (at the exception that it defaults to the first audio track when transcoding, meaning I can't change the language), but before wondering how to fix that... I'd like to know if anyone as managed to include the .strm files it created to an Emby setup, in order to share library to my family even if they're miles away.

I works with MySQL but apparently it's crazy slow over internet (haven't tried over internet yet, just locally), so Emby seemed like a good and easy alternative.

I know I could just set their Kodi to get stream from Google Drive, let them do the scrapping themselves and call it a day, but that wouldn't allow us to sync watched status, get the scrapping errors fixed and so-on...

Any ideas how to get this working? I've tried but so far no success at all
Hi
I have google drive addon installed from KODI repository.
When adding and using source http://localhost:8587/source/ (web server directory HTTP) it works, but sometimes doesnt? Huh I mean, sometimes folders load, and other times just doesn't want to load the contents of a folder (path not found or invalid). I have the folders set as favorites.

But if I use the drive addon to browse the folders, (not from source) it works perfect every time, just that it shows a long list of files but it always works that way. (also added folders to favorites)

Anything im doing wrong? As i'd prefer to use the source method, as can set content and get cover art etc.. many thanks
I have installed Google Drive add-on in my Kodi but I can't login to my Google account. When I want to authenticate my kodi, I always get this message: "Your code is invalid. Make sure you entered the code displayed in Kodi and you're in the same network as your kodi device." I have input the valid code and my laptop or mobile phone already in the same network with my kodi device. Please assist me to resolve this issue.
Coming back here as I have several questions...

I generate STRM files that I integrated in my library. When I direct play, I can switch audio files, subtitles... But if I transcode, if just uses the defaults track with no possibility to switch tracks (the only one available being "null"). That's a known issue that comes from the way Google handles the transcoding.

So I had this idea... Wouldn't it be possible to extract the non-default tracks from the MKV and get the addon to somehow use it alongside the transcoded stream?

1. I know it's possible with subtitles, but apparently external audio tracks are not supported by Kodi (it's even tricky to use them on VLC by the way), but maybe there's something that can be done here?

2. Another idea, what about having the movie with default audio track, and a secondary version with the other track?

Here's an exemple to illustrate:

I have the movie Black Swan, with two audio tracks (English/French) and two subtitle tracks (French Forced/French Full)... The idea would be to make two versions like this:
Black.Swan.2010.bluray.1080p.dts.eng.mkv (English audio and Full French subtitles)
Black.Swan.2010.vf.bluray.1080p.dts.fre.mkv (French audio and Forced French subtitles)

File name is just to make an exemple... Maybe those would have to be in a separate folder to make the add-on understand what is what just like this:
- Movies
-- Black Swan (2010)
--- Multi-version
---- Version originale
----- Black.Swan.2010.bluray.1080p.dts.eng.mkv
---- Version française
----- Black.Swan.2010.vf.bluray.1080p.dts.fre.mkv

The "Multi-version" would tell the addon that this movie has multiple versions and the subfolders within it give them a name (here "Version originale" and "Version française"), then the addon makes its magic, create STRM files I can scrape into library and...  Wait a minute, it just makes two entries in my library!

So here comes the extra idea... What if Google Drive addonc during STRM file creation was "watching" for movies with the "Multi-version" and when it encounters this folder, creating its very own kind of container (containing istelf the two STRM files) and adding that to the output directory instead of the two strm files within .../Multi-version/Version originale and .../Multi-version/Version française just like this:

- Movies
-- Bienvenue à Gattaca (1997)
--- Bienvenue.à.Gattaca.1997.bluray.1080p.dts.mkv
-- Black Swan (2010)
--- Black.Swan.2010.bluray.1080p.dts.gdaddon (something Kodi will recognise as able to be imported in the library though)
-- Captain Marvel (2019)
--- Captain.Marvel.2019.bluray.4k.hdr.atmos.mkv

Once scrapped, if started, the addon would first prompt the user which version he'd like to use, then open the selfcontained strm file corresponding to its choice!

I think it's something "doable" but I have no idea how hard would it be to implement such things into the addon... I've never messed with Python (although that's something I'm seriously thinking about) nor anything else than web stuff so I'm kinda clueless, but I'd be glad to give an hand!
@cguZZMan  I have few questions.
  • Does the Google drive addon support Google Photos Videos?  I believe it only supports images
  • If not, would you be against adding it as the Google Photos to Google Drive sync has been discontinued by Google?
  • Would you be for or against comments added to the code?  I may add some and commit them to github as I find it sometimes time consuming having to re-understand the structure of this code
(2019-11-08, 10:39)chaosengine Wrote: Hi
When adding and using source http://localhost:8587/source/ (web server directory HTTP) it works, but sometimes doesnt? Huh I mean, sometimes folders load, and other times just doesn't want to load the contents of a folder (path not found or invalid). I have the folders set as favorites.

But if I use the drive addon to browse the folders, (not from source) it works perfect every time, just that it shows a long list of files but it always works that way. (also added folders to favorites)

Anything im doing wrong? As i'd prefer to use the source method, as can set content and get cover art etc.. many thanks
You have to keep trying to load folders , thats what I found helped me .
When adding and using source http://localhost:8587/source I have also found its not updating when new content is added . I have Kodi set to scan but it did not. I had to manually update for new changes . Any reason why its not doing this automatically?
since couple of days i got error “Source Too Slow, Read Rate Low For Continuous Playback” can someone help me please.
Thank you for this amazing addon! Best way to consume media from GD!
I have just few questions:

Is it possible to give acces only for one folder for exact device?
If I give full access to all media, my nephews will do nothing except watching movies)   

Is it possible to authorize KODI when it is in different location?
I think, I need to explain that. 
At first launch addon ask for authorization and I open the link on my laptop to make this authorization.
Everything is fine when my Android Box with KODI and laptop share the same Router/IP.
But when I want to authorize the addon in different location from my laptop at home it dosn't work.
I'm very new to this whole Kodi thing, so please bear with me if this issue was discussed before. I did search the thread for it, but couldn't find relevant information.

The problem I'm facing is to do with the Watch for Cloud Changes feature. The add-on doesn't seem to automatically create strm files when I add something in Google drive - but only if there are a lot at the same time.
My current configuration is such that I've set auto export to one parent folder, and I add files to folders inside that big folder. This works flawlessly when I add only one file. But it doesn't seem to work when I add an entire new folder (full of new files) to the parent folder. In such cases, the new folder is replicated, but no strm files are created.

Basically, whenever there are a lot of files to export, it doesn't seem to happen automatically. Any solutions for this issue? I would like to be able to add new files in bulk instead of one by one and constantly checking on Kodi whether it shows up or not. And my exports are such that making it export on every startup is simply going to take too long.

I'm using the 1.2.12 version on Windows version of Kodi 18.4.
(2019-11-08, 10:39)chaosengine Wrote: Hi

I am having exactly the same issue. This keeps me from using the plugin, becuse the "source" method seems pretty unstable. Anyone has any ideas on how to fix this?
Hi. I have a subtitle .ass with the same name and the same folder that the video. But itsn´t being used automatically and I can´t find it with the search subtitle function.
Any help?
Thx
@cguZZMan 

Does this add-on support using private API's instead of a public or default one? That might increase performance of this add-on. I find that this add-on is usable on Android or Android-forked OS, as well as Windows, but it doesn't work as well on OSMC.
Its possible to play next video in folder automatically? and jump to next video? Its not working for me.
hi.
The nfo files have to be with  the strm or with the mkv? If the former, can drive addon export them with the strm? Or any easy way to download my nfo files from cloud to my tv box? (folder structure is the same)
Thx
  • 57(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google Drive for KODI7