• 61(current)
Release Google Drive for KODI
Hi, 

I am working with strm files, and I have realized that nfo are not taken into account when working with strm instead of mkv directly.

I have done some test and this is what I have found:

1.  If working with mkv directly + nfo, all genres that has been personalized appear into the movie information
2.  If working with strm + nfo files, the personalized genres doesn't apper in the movie information
3.  If working with strm + nfo, if I choose as a scraper, "Local information only", Kodi doesn't find any movie at all.

So, to sum up, it seems it makes no sense to includo a NFO file when working with STRM.

I have tried either with movie.nfo and movie.nfo.strm, but none of them worked.

My problem is that I really would like that Kodi takes into account NFO files.

Any one knows how to do that when working with strm files?
(2020-01-18, 21:09)jhoyos Wrote: Hi, 

I am working with strm files, and I have realized that nfo are not taken into account when working with strm instead of mkv directly.

1.  If working with mkv directly + nfo, all genres that has been personalized appear into the movie information
2.  If working with strm + nfo files, the personalized genres doesn't apper in the movie information
3.  If working with strm + nfo, if I choose as a scraper, "Local information only", Kodi doesn't find any movie at all.

So, to sum up, it seems it makes no sense to includo a NFO file when working with STRM.

On my tests personalized genres works fine. I got no errors or issues with local scraper mode is on. Making info files such as `Movie.nfo.strm`is totally wrong, don't do that.

And please attach some related log files while reporting such cases.

the problem with the .nfo file not being read, is what I tried to explain. I mentioned why some movies, when picked up via TMDB kodi, the information was wrong. I manually update the movie to the correct one, and save a new .nfo. So when transporting the library to another location, the .nfos are not read because the .strm file has a different name than the .nfo file. The item ".mkv" contained in .strm, do not associate strm + nfo.
(2019-09-17, 21:08)cguZZMan Wrote: @areebiimi subtitles should be assigned atomatically in source mode also. It was implemented like a year ago. Just make sure subtitle filename match the video filename.

The lrc lyrics file has the same name as mp3 and is placed in the same googledrive folder, showing that the lyrics cannot be found.
How do I add .strm files to the queue?
(2020-01-16, 17:20)xybydy Wrote: That's the exact reason I forked this addon. I need my nfo files as well. Unfortunately both addons depented to each other and I worked on both. So yes, you need to have both.

@xybydy you are welcome to submit your PR so everybody can enjoy your enhancements
(2020-01-20, 23:05)jscrf Wrote:

the problem with the .nfo file not being read, is what I tried to explain. I mentioned why some movies, when picked up via TMDB kodi, the information was wrong. I manually update the movie to the correct one, and save a new .nfo. So when transporting the library to another location, the .nfos are not read because the .strm file has a different name than the .nfo file. The item ".mkv" contained in .strm, do not associate strm + nfo. 

Thank you for your help.  Just for the record:
-  When using a flat structure (all movies into the same directory), NFO are ignored when working with strm.
-  When having a specific folder for each movie, NFO contained into that specific folder, it is read perfectly.

So, you can use strm + NFO files for movies, just in case you have a specific directory for each movie, named "movie title (year)".

It would be great to have Kodi reading NFO files when working with strm in a flat structure.

Could be any way to request that feature from Kodi?
What does the "Skip unmodified files" check option do? Skips exporting a video from drive if the strm does already exist in local?
(2020-01-24, 21:42)z3us Wrote: What does the "Skip unmodified files" check option do? Skips exporting a video from drive if the strm does already exist in local?

If downloaded file is identical to the remote, skips the download.
(2020-01-22, 22:05)cguZZMan Wrote:
(2020-01-16, 17:20)xybydy Wrote: That's the exact reason I forked this addon. I need my nfo files as well. Unfortunately both addons depented to each other and I worked on both. So yes, you need to have both.

@xybydy you are welcome to submit your PR so everybody can enjoy your enhancements 

After the one last check I will
(2019-09-18, 04:43)areebiimi Wrote:
(2019-09-17, 21:08)cguZZMan Wrote: @areebiimi subtitles should be assigned atomatically in source mode also. It was implemented like a year ago. Just make sure subtitle filename match the video filename.

Hi cguZZMan

Really appreciate the quick response.

I am running Kodi 18.3 on a Windows 10 machine. Also, I am using the latest version of your Google Drive Plugin v1.30 and also the latest version of common cloud drive module.

In my Google Drive, there are two files in the same folder - a video Event2.mkv and the external subtitles Event2.srt. Both filenames are exactly the same.

I have added Google Drive as a video source using localhost:8587/source/. When I open Files, and go to the Google Drive source folder, and open Event2.mkv, the external subtitles Event2.srt don't get loaded automatically. I have to click on "Browse for subtitles", and then select "Event2.srt" for the subtitles to get loaded.

However, if I access Event2.mkv through Google Drive Addon or create a strm file Event2.mkv.strm, the external subtitles Event2.srt get loaded automatically when the video starts.

This behaviour is being shown by all video files in my Google Drive that have external .srt subtitles.

Please let me know if I am doing something wrong.

Here are the screenshots demonstrating the problem-

ImageImageImage 
Hi @cguZZMan , it has been nearly 4 months since I raised the issue of external .srt subtitles with the same filename as the video not loading automatically in source mode. I also raised a issue in GitHub for the same.

Do we have any updates regarding a solution to this issue?

Your assistance will be highly appreciated.
Hi,
im currently away from my Shield TV. is this addon still maintained? In the repository the kast update was 16 months ago if i see correct. Thanks for the Info
If i use gdrive as source, after play any movie and try play again don't execute, and if i try access via browser i got this

https://paste.kodi.tv/ezekixanif.kodi

any help?

Another question, i manually scrap my media (nfo, images, posters and etc), how i force the use my scrap using .strm files ?
Hi,

Will there a way to run partial scan( only for changes in the gdrive) , when using strm export at Kodi startup? I did this because apparently the "Update Library" button does not scan/index new files for an existing strm file. Only by re-exporting it did the trick. Is this how it should behave or did I miss something? Thank you Smile
Should I use the forked addon or the obene in the repository? Im having isues with my folders . Subfolders are being created from the main folders . Is cguzzman still updating this addon?
  • 61(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google Drive for KODI7