• 43(current)
Release Google Drive for KODI
I've been using the plugin for a while. Tested this and ddurdle version.

I'm using the Nvidia shield. Ever since Kodi has updated to the latest, I find that direct playing pauses. I have tested various builds of Kodi and both gdrive add-ons are the same.

I have reverted back to old 17 Kodi and can see video currently playing fine, hasn't pauses yet. Would have already have paused on the new build.

Is this something that has been reported or you have found? Anything I can change to eliminate the issue. The Nvidia shield is hard wired to router. Bandwidth on my line not issue.
Since I'm not getting answers I'm slowly learning by trial and error. Still I hope the dev will be able to shed some light on a couple of aspects.
  1. Unless I'm missing something, I don't find at console.developers.google.com any project active for this plugin. I ask because I'd like to monitory the API calls generated but it seems it's not there. I hope we are not running against a single account (the developer's at drive-login.herokuapp.com), as that could mean trouble in the future, if the plugin gets traction and more users "consume" API calls.

2. I see that the strm approach is much faster than the "use as a source one". On the other hand, unless I'm missing something, there's no way to simply run all the exports together to update them in one go.
    When you create an export there are several options for it. You can setup a scheduled update (but that won't work for me, as the HTPC is not on 24/7) and you can "watch the cloud folder for modifications", or something along those lines. I'm not clear about this second option. What does it do?
    If I go inside the addon "Exports" section I can use the contextual menu to "run" the export. But there's no way to run all the exports together. Moreover, is the "watch the cloud folder for modifications" needed for the export to simply add the new files and not overwrite everything that's already been parsed in the past?
(2018-08-18, 00:37)cguZZMan Wrote: A new version is in my repository: Scheduled exports and Watch folder export.

Add an export as usual: Context menu of a folder, then "Export to .strm files..."
  • Select the Destination folder. The local folder with the strm files will be <Destination Folder>\<Your exported folder> (same as before).
  • The switch "Update library after export" will trigger the "Update library" after any change is detected by the "watch" functionality or after an scheduled export or manual export was executed.
  • The switch "Watch for changes in the Cloud Folder" will watch every minute for changes in your cloud drive folder. If a change is detected, it will replicate it in the local exported folder.
  • The switch "Schedule automatic exports" will enable the list of schedules where you can add multiple rows.
    • For example you can schedule the export to run "Every startup" or "Every Day at 02:00" or "Every Monday at 23:00" or all of them.
    • The hour format is 24 hours.

Another question on the above, for the developer.
I have a folder with many, many episodes. Every single time I tried to export .strm for that folder, Kodi crashes. The majority of files has been scanned and the .strm files have been created locally. But the problem is that if I relaunch Kodi, it deletes everything and restarts. And then crashes. Rinse and repeat.
Now, even if I were to move some files out of that folder, scan it and then add them later... if everytime the strm creation deletes everything... there's no solution.
Is this the way it's supposed to be? Every time a change is detected every .strm file is deleted from that folder and everything is scanned and recreated again? Shouldn't it limit itself to change/add what's been changed/added?

If one needs a bit of automation and has the shares automatically update at startup, it means thousands and thousands of writes on a daily basis. If one uses an SSD that's not good practice.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
You could update them all in go but you also have scheduled task. Run it when pc is on or manually run it. 

The watch feature will only update again of your pc is, not sure it will reflect unless you do a full export. 

I had created a powershell script. Using the folder ID from the strm files export, created my own strm files as either a full export or as and when I need a file. The script takes a few seconds to produce the full export. Also uses the  Google filestream to parse through the content.
Thanks @timetrex I've updated my post, above. I find it kind of incredible that all the files need to be deleted and then re-written for every update, but that's what I'm seeing happen.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
I'm having a strange behavior with the addon ... I do not know if it's a bug, or it's the way it is .... But it's not wanted.

Every time I update the library in search of new movies, it cleans the folder and searches everything again .... Is that right?
I believe this is not expected behavior ... Let's wait for the dev ...

There has to be a way to do recursively update .... Well, I have to put the information of some movies in the hand ... Imagine every time .....

From what I read, we have to use the "watch" option, will it?
@iorifly I think the solution could be to create the Export with the "Watch for changes in the Cloud Folder" activated and no schedule. Runs activated through schedule are "whole" scans.
The "Watch for changes" option appears to be doing a differential scan. I'm running a couple of tests on this and will report back.

Edit: Yes, that's the way it works. If you don't want to "redo" the whole scan every time, you need to use just the "Watch for changes in the Cloud Folder".

On the other hand, for folders with thousands of files, I'm having Kodi constantly crashing (Kodi Windows x64, 32GB RAM machine). I've checked this over and over and it keeps on happening. Kodi crashes, logs does not display errors, just the scan entries that at some point simply stop (when Kodi crashes).
Hi,

I've been logging the issues I face which I believe are related to the plugin directly in git. Let me share them with you here so that someone that has faced it before could also share the experience and possible fixes:

1. Not able to load content from the Movies menu https://github.com/cguZZman/plugin.googl.../issues/55
I am not able to load content from the Movies menu after adding a Movie source pointing to the service created by the Google Drive add-on. I tested on a smartphone OnePlus 6 running Kodi 18.1 and a NVidia Shield TV running Kodi 18.0: I got the same error on both devices. The steps and log provided below are from the the testing I ran in the smartphone.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:
  1. After setting up the add-on and make sure you can play a movie (take note of that movie) using it, add a movie source and wait for the movie information be loaded completely.
  2. Go the the Movies interface and try to play the same movie as in the step 1 - it should work just fine.
  3. Shut Kodi down and open it again.
  4. Go to the Movie interface and try to play the same movie as you did in the step 1 - it does not work.
  5. Go the Add-ons, click on Google Drive and navigate until you find the movie you used on step 1 and play it - it works.
  6. Go back to the Movie interface and try to play the same movie as you did in the step 1 - it does not work.
Here is the log file: cimohinobe.kodi (paste)

2. Library does not auto-update upon new content on the Cloud when using .strm exported files https://github.com/cguZZman/plugin.googl.../56​​​​​​​
The export to .strm features two options to that say "Update library after export" and "Watch for changes in Cloud". My expectation is that. if both options are marked, a new folder/file added to the source in the Cloud (GDrive) will trigger the process to export the .strm and update the library. The problem is that it won't happen until I navigate manually to the folder which is updated using the Google Drive add-on, open the "Google Drive - Export to .strm file..." interface and click on Save and Run button.

Steps to reproduce the behavior:
  1. Using the "Google Drive" add-on to navigate to the folder you that contains your movie content.
  2. Open the option export to .strm files...
  3. Set it up the "Destination" location (take note of that) and check the options "Update library after export" and "Watch for changes in Cloud" and click on Save and Run
  4. Wait for the export process to finish
  5. Setup a new Movie Source using the path to the exported folder on step 3, make sure you set the correct content type (Movie) and set ip to the scan and add to library. Wait for the process to finish.
  6. At this time, all your Movies should be in the Movies menu.
  7. Add a new Movie to the Cloud. Make sure it is accessible to the plug-in by navigating to the folders until you can find it (I even played it - the movie I used to test is the Philadelphia).
  8. At this point the expectation was that the movie would appear in the Movies section, however it does not happen I navigate manually to the folder which is updated using the Google Drive add-on, open the "Google Drive - Export to .strm file..." interface and click on Save and Run button.
  9. Only after the manual intervention the new Movie (I used Philadelphia) appeared.
Here is the log file (I had to attach it since the paste feature in kodi domain has a limit): https://goo.gl/4Fnz9z
(2019-03-03, 06:02)gilsonsjc Wrote: Hi!

First of all - this is the best Kodi add-on ever! Thank you @cguZZMan for putting this together! Really, I am amazed with what I am able to do with it. For that I am really thankful!

I have 2 devices running this add-on:
  1. OnePlus 6 with lastest Android 9 and latest Kodi and latest add-on version.
  2. Shield TV 2017 with all the latest Android/Firmware running the latest Kodi and latest add-on version. This is my main media player - it is the main movie player in my Home Theater. 
  3. I use the same userid to connect the GDrive add-on o both devices.
  I have both connected to the same Asus Rog Rapture Router - the smartphone using AC Wireless Network and Shield TV with Gigabit cable. The router is connected to the ISP ONT. Currently I've got 200mbps down 100 mbps up connection to the internet.

I run any video on the Smartphone without any problem, any delay/stop. Things just works great there! 
  On the Shield TV I got the "Slow connection to play/stream" error every other 3 minutes or so! I can't even use it anymore.
  1. Here is the log using Aura skin and wireless (I thought it may have been the cable, don't know - just want to use the same wireless AC as the smartphone to test) connection to the internet: nekuyihono.kodi (paste)
  2. Here is the log after changing the skin to the default one and connecting Shield again to the router using the cable: wasuvomubo.kodi (paste)
  3. And here is the log from my phone - I played the same movie for about 25 minutes without having ANY issues: okoxepajap.kodi (paste)
  4. Here is the media information of the movie I used to reproduce the error: yovapogigo (paste)

What can I do to make the Shield TV problem go away?! 

Thanks
Gilson 
  One more really important thing to consider: the Kodi version itself (or some incompatible thing between the add-on, dependencies wih the new Kodi version). Check this out:
  1. I have unstalled Kodi 18.1 completely from Shield TV and reinstalled from scratch. The only add-on I had running was the GDrive and its dependencies, the problem happened.
  2. I removed Kodi 18.1 again and installed the version 18. Installed the plugin, set it up and ran the same movie. It worked: I can watch any movie without getting stuck.
Here is the log one running it on v18 without any problem: anecovuluj.kodi (paste)

Would you please check? Is anybody else having the same issue?
Hey guys,

Just installed this add on and working perfectly so far. Just one question: if I open the add on from the "Picture add-ons" section I can see the "Google Photos" category and browse my lib. The problem is that it is not showing the videos. If I open the add on from the "Video add-ons" I can't see the "Google Photos" category. This means I can't see the videos I have uploaded to my Google Photos account. Is there any way to be able to watch the videos within the Google Photos account? Thanks!
(2019-03-09, 15:01)ashlar Wrote: Edit: Yes, that's the way it works. If you don't want to "redo" the whole scan every time, you need to use just the "Watch for changes in the Cloud Folder".
I think it would be nice to have an extra contextual menu entry. We have "Run", we could have "Run differential scan". Or something along those lines. If one doesn't want to have that automated.
There might be viable reasons for not wanting to have everything happen automatically (API limits related, mainly).
(2019-03-09, 17:11)KrLx_roller Wrote: Hey guys,

Just installed this add on and working perfectly so far. Just one question: if I open the add on from the "Picture add-ons" section I can see the "Google Photos" category and browse my lib. The problem is that it is not showing the videos. If I open the add on from the "Video add-ons" I can't see the "Google Photos" category. This means I can't see the videos I have uploaded to my Google Photos account. Is there any way to be able to watch the videos within the Google Photos account? Thanks!
 If you open Google Drive under Video Add-ons, then you should be able to navigate to [Your Name] > My Drive > Google Photos > [Year] ... and it will only show your videos.  I too wish that both photos and videos could be viewed in the same list, but unfortunately that seems to be how the add-on works.
(2019-03-09, 15:42)gilsonsjc Wrote:
(2019-03-03, 06:02)gilsonsjc Wrote: Hi!

First of all - this is the best Kodi add-on ever! Thank you @cguZZMan for putting this together! Really, I am amazed with what I am able to do with it. For that I am really thankful!

I have 2 devices running this add-on:
  1. OnePlus 6 with lastest Android 9 and latest Kodi and latest add-on version.
  2. Shield TV 2017 with all the latest Android/Firmware running the latest Kodi and latest add-on version. This is my main media player - it is the main movie player in my Home Theater. 
  3. I use the same userid to connect the GDrive add-on o both devices.
  I have both connected to the same Asus Rog Rapture Router - the smartphone using AC Wireless Network and Shield TV with Gigabit cable. The router is connected to the ISP ONT. Currently I've got 200mbps down 100 mbps up connection to the internet.

I run any video on the Smartphone without any problem, any delay/stop. Things just works great there! 
  On the Shield TV I got the "Slow connection to play/stream" error every other 3 minutes or so! I can't even use it anymore.
  1. Here is the log using Aura skin and wireless (I thought it may have been the cable, don't know - just want to use the same wireless AC as the smartphone to test) connection to the internet: nekuyihono.kodi (paste)
  2. Here is the log after changing the skin to the default one and connecting Shield again to the router using the cable: wasuvomubo.kodi (paste)
  3. And here is the log from my phone - I played the same movie for about 25 minutes without having ANY issues: okoxepajap.kodi (paste)
  4. Here is the media information of the movie I used to reproduce the error: yovapogigo (paste)

What can I do to make the Shield TV problem go away?! 

Thanks
Gilson  
  One more really important thing to consider: the Kodi version itself (or some incompatible thing between the add-on, dependencies wih the new Kodi version). Check this out:
  1. I have unstalled Kodi 18.1 completely from Shield TV and reinstalled from scratch. The only add-on I had running was the GDrive and its dependencies, the problem happened.
  2. I removed Kodi 18.1 again and installed the version 18. Installed the plugin, set it up and ran the same movie. It worked: I can watch any movie without getting stuck.
Here is the log one running it on v18 without any problem: anecovuluj.kodi (paste)

Would you please check? Is anybody else having the same issue? 
I rolled Kodi back to v17, works fine v18. Video was pausing every so often. Would have to stop the stream and hi back in. The same issue happened also in ddurdle add on version as well
Would you like to order.....

Would it be possible for the addon to ignore certain types of files Huh In my case it has generated strm for files without extension ..... The file that generated a strm was "_VUC69 ~ 7".
Is there a way to turn off the STRM creation where it deletes the files/folders which are already in a folder and it recreates the STRM files? I don't want it to duplicate the work.
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google Drive for KODI7