• 82(current)
Release Google Drive for KODI
Hi.. anyone have a problem like me??The problem is when i use original format (original bluray mkv file uploaded to gdrive) video keep stop playing randomly.. what i notice is the video not caching at certain time randomly and after that it will stop playing.. but when i use other format like 1080p or 720p (encode by google) its ok.. video never stop.. I already set advance setting and have 300Mbps fiber internet.. any one have same experience?
Hi and looking for some advice. I recently switched to Kodi Portable version and I'm really happy with this option because all the files are located on a non-OS drive. Would it be possible when creating the google drive add-on Movies and TV Shows folders which contain the *.strm files to put those folders inside the Kodi Portable directory without causing problems?

I would love a single location to backup everything that is why I am asking. If anyone has any experience with this please let me know.

thx, droid
(2020-05-12, 16:36)Droidly Wrote: Hi and looking for some advice. I recently switched to Kodi Portable version and I'm really happy with this option because all the files are located on a non-OS drive. Would it be possible when creating the google drive add-on Movies and TV Shows folders which contain the *.strm files to put those folders inside the Kodi Portable directory without causing problems?

I would love a single location to backup everything that is why I am asking. If anyone has any experience with this please let me know.

thx, droid

Don't worry about it, it will work.
If you create a folder, for example named as "strms" in portable_data folder you can even add it as a file source with its relative path.

special://home/strms/Movies/
special://home/strms/TV Shows/

Never forget how smart Kodi is Smile , it will add the strm files in Kodi library with the special path and translate the special path to the actual path when you click to play them.
(2020-05-13, 10:22)olympus Wrote:
(2020-05-12, 16:36)Droidly Wrote: Hi and looking for some advice. I recently switched to Kodi Portable version and I'm really happy with this option because all the files are located on a non-OS drive. Would it be possible when creating the google drive add-on Movies and TV Shows folders which contain the *.strm files to put those folders inside the Kodi Portable directory without causing problems?

thx, droid

If you create a folder, for example named as "strms" in portable_data folder you can even add it as a file source with its relative path.

Never forget how smart Kodi is Smile , it will add the strm files in Kodi library with the special path and translate the special path to the actual path when you click to play them. 
Hey Olympus and thank you. I never knew about the "special" path option. Really helpful.
Ouch I got hosed, it worked except now it has to rescan all the images from TMDB which seems unnecessary to me as the files are already in the kodi database. Is there a way to avoid this?

thanks droid
(2020-05-13, 20:04)Droidly Wrote: Ouch I got hosed, it worked except now it has to rescan all the images from TMDB which seems unnecessary to me as the files are already in the kodi database. Is there a way to avoid this?

thanks droid

Export your existing library (seperate files per entry).
nfo files and artwork will be created in your media folder.
Clean your library and add the new source and choose local information only as information provider.
Everything with be added from your local files without rescaning anything from TMDB or TVDB or any other online provider.
You can delete later the nfo files and the artwork if you don't want them with no issue.
OK, so I'm new here and have only a very basic understanding of what I'm doing, but I wondered if someone could help me. Hopefully I'm just overlooking something simple.

I've installed the GDrive add-on on my Vero 4k, and set up GDrive as a source. I can now see all my movies in my Movies library. When I try playing any of them though, it doesn't work. However, when I go into the GDrive add-on via settings>add-on browser, and navigate to my GDrive files, they play perfectly.

Am I missing something obvious? If it helps, I'm using version 1.3.6.
(2020-05-14, 01:25)dlxp Wrote: OK, so I'm new here and have only a very basic understanding of what I'm doing, but I wondered if someone could help me. Hopefully I'm just overlooking something simple.

I've installed the GDrive add-on on my Vero 4k, and set up GDrive as a source. I can now see all my movies in my Movies library. When I try playing any of them though, it doesn't work. However, when I go into the GDrive add-on via settings>add-on browser, and navigate to my GDrive files, they play perfectly.

Am I missing something obvious? If it helps, I'm using version 1.3.6.

Answered my own question (I didn't understand the .strm method, but do now).
(2020-05-07, 17:16)omaramiromo Wrote: Hi.. anyone have a problem like me??The problem is when i use original format (original bluray mkv file uploaded to gdrive) video keep stop playing randomly.. what i notice is the video not caching at certain time randomly and after that it will stop playing.. but when i use other format like 1080p or 720p (encode by google) its ok.. video never stop.. I already set advance setting and have 300Mbps fiber internet.. any one have same experience?

I'm having the same problem with Remux files. My internet speed is more than enough to handle the files and my Mi Box says there's more than 900MB of available memory while playing the file. I don't what to do.
(2020-05-15, 16:44)thejorsias Wrote:
(2020-05-07, 17:16)omaramiromo Wrote: Hi.. anyone have a problem like me??The problem is when i use original format (original bluray mkv file uploaded to gdrive) video keep stop playing randomly.. what i notice is the video not caching at certain time randomly and after that it will stop playing.. but when i use other format like 1080p or 720p (encode by google) its ok.. video never stop.. I already set advance setting and have 300Mbps fiber internet.. any one have same experience?

I'm having the same problem with Remux files. My internet speed is more than enough to handle the files and my Mi Box says there's more than 900MB of available memory while playing the file. I don't what to do. 

Try looking at the codec debug info by pressing CTRL-SHIFT-O (The letter O, not the number zero). It shows frame rates, dropped frames, cache/buffer size, and a bunch of things that can help determine what is causing the playback issues. One common thing I've noticed, especially with remux files, is the bitrate gets so high that many computers and GPUs can handle it. I've seen some remux movies spike up to 100mbps for the video stream which takes a hefty cpu or gpu with hardware decoding enabled. I've also seen some remux files not play well with hardware decoding enabled but played fine with it turned off. Hope this helps!

(2020-05-15, 17:00)CyberSimon Wrote:

Try looking at the codec debug info by pressing CTRL-SHIFT-O (The letter O, not the number zero). It shows frame rates, dropped frames, cache/buffer size, and a bunch of things that can help determine what is causing the playback issues. One common thing I've noticed, especially with remux files, is the bitrate gets so high that many computers and GPUs can handle it. I've seen some remux movies spike up to 100mbps for the video stream which takes a hefty cpu or gpu with hardware decoding enabled. I've also seen some remux files not play well with hardware decoding enabled but played fine with it turned off. Hope this helps!

Sorry, I meant: "One common thing I've noticed, especially with remux files, is the bitrate gets so high that many computers and GPUs can't handle it"

I Don't have enough posts yet to edit my above response...
(2020-05-15, 17:00)CyberSimon Wrote:

Thanks, I'm gonna give this a second chance. I don't think it's a problem with the video file because I can play it with no problems on Kodi 17.6 using this addon, but if I'm using the most recent version the same file gets the "cache 0% source too slow" issue. I'm using the Mi Box S and playing Remux Files if that matters.
Hi, 

I have installed Gdrive addon in Kodi and I have seen that right now, there is a new option to export as well NFO files.  Would be great to have algo the option to export JPG files, so if there is a filename.jpg is copied as well.

Would that be possible?

Thanks in advaned.
Hi, 
I found no problem in scrapping strm files for movies, but when trying to scrape tv shows, it doesn't show me anything eventhough I have a correct structure

Series
- TV Show name (with tvshow.nfo and poster.jpg)
-- Season number
-----TV show name - S01EXX - episode name.mkv.strm
-----TV show name - S01EXX - episode name.mkv.nfo

Does this work with tv shows?  I guess it does, so.. anyone can think what might be my problem?

Thanks in advanced
(2020-05-13, 10:22)olympus Wrote:

thx, droid

Hey again and yes more questions. I was hoping to share my portable kodi version with one of my sisters but of course it failed due to problems with the path. I am now realizing the absolute importance of the "special path" above. Can I edit the portable_data/userdata/sources.xml to fix this without breaking the media database? Also, how do I deal with the google drive add-on signin?

p.s. Can I use a url that is mirroring my google drive folder/file/name structure?

Happy Friday, sorry for the weekend homework Droid
  • 82(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google Drive for KODI7