• 83(current)
Release Google Drive for KODI
Hi, 
I found no problem in scrapping strm files for movies, but when trying to scrape tv shows, it doesn't show me anything eventhough I have a correct structure

Series
- TV Show name (with tvshow.nfo and poster.jpg)
-- Season number
-----TV show name - S01EXX - episode name.mkv.strm
-----TV show name - S01EXX - episode name.mkv.nfo

Does this work with tv shows?  I guess it does, so.. anyone can think what might be my problem?

I am scrapping with local info only using local nfo files

Thanks in advanced
Hi @cguZZMan , I am using Kodi DSPlayer 17.7 (https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=351534). This unofficial version of Kodi allows me to playback HDR movies in true HDR on the built-in display of my HDR-capable Surface Book 2 15" using madVR and LAV Filters. This version of Kodi gives the option of playing either using DSPlayer with madVR and LAV filters or the default Kodi VideoPlayer.

I have been using the Google Drive Plugin and it has been working great. However, whenever I try to play any file stored in Google Drive using DSPlayer, it says "unable to play the file". I have tried playing the file directly in the Google Drive Addon as well as through STRM files. The default Kodi Videoplayer plays the Google Drive files perfectly. Also, any locally stored file is played perfectly by DSPlayer with true HDR colors. I also tried using external players such as MPC-BE with madVR and LAV filters, but that too failed to play the files, both in the Google Drive addon as well as STRM files.

So, does this Google Drive Plugin not support external players? Is this not compatible with DSPlayer? Is there any way to display full HDR colors for 4K HDR mkvs stored in Google Drive?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
(2020-05-22, 20:56)jhoyos Wrote: Hi, 
I found no problem in scrapping strm files for movies, but when trying to scrape tv shows, it doesn't show me anything eventhough I have a correct structure

Series
- TV Show name (with tvshow.nfo and poster.jpg)
-- Season number
-----TV show name - S01EXX - episode name.mkv.strm
-----TV show name - S01EXX - episode name.mkv.nfo

Does this work with tv shows?  I guess it does, so.. anyone can think what might be my problem?

I am scrapping with local info only using local nfo files

Thanks in advanced
Use TVDB instead of themoviedb as scraper
When playing a video the stream could randomly crash at times. Specifically the stream will close when the "forward" in codecs info panel (CRTL Shift O) drop to 0B, and then the vq and aq will drop gradually to zero. . When all has zeroed in the steam will crash.Its like the strean won't progress further even with stable internet and pausing for indefinite time. What can I do to mitigate this?
Setup is Firestick 4k, Kodi Leia 18.7 and Gdrive1 1.3.6 playing from strm files
Will version 1.3.4 still work ok?  What export issues did 1.3.6 fix?
(2020-05-25, 16:05)keithcq71 Wrote: Will version 1.3.4 still work ok?  What export issues did 1.3.6 fix?
1.3.6 seems to have resolved the naming issues of all video files with the correct *.strm extension. Also, it is correctly removing strm files as media is deleted or moved on google drive. This is my experience anyway and I am using Leia 18.7 windows 10.
I've deleted and re-installed the addon but I'm still getting very slow responsiveness when I select a video.  It'll play after about a minute, is anyone else experiencing this?
Hi!
A little question:
I installed the Google Drive 1.3.6 addon. It shows me some standard-folders, but the folder, were all my files are "Computer" -> "My Computers" -> ´drive letters/names´  is not shown.
Does anyone have an idea, what I could do to see this content?

I just see:
- "My Drive"
- "Exports"
- "Shared With Me"
- "Starred"

Thank you for your help in advance Smile
(2020-06-01, 05:20)eStorm Wrote: Hi!
A little question:
I installed the Google Drive 1.3.6 addon. It shows me some standard-folders, but the folder, were all my files are "Computer" -> "My Computers" -> ´drive letters/names´  is not shown.
Does anyone have an idea, what I could do to see this content?

I just see:
- "My Drive"
- "Exports"
- "Shared With Me"
- "Starred"

Thank you for your help in advance Smile

Star the "My Computer" folder in your Drive browser and then load it up in the Starred section of the add-on.
@cguZZMan How do I play audio without a silent pause between tracks?

Thank you for the work you have done.
help me, when i export the first time it just erases the folder and doesn’t export, i have to export 2 times to create the folder again.this only with my movie folder, what must have gone wrong?
(2020-05-24, 13:12)teamrocket Wrote: When playing a video the stream could randomly crash at times. Specifically the stream will close when the "forward" in codecs info panel (CRTL Shift O) drop to 0B, and then the vq and aq will drop gradually to zero. . When all has zeroed in the steam will crash.Its like the strean won't progress further even with stable internet and pausing for indefinite time. What can I do to mitigate this?
Setup is Firestick 4k, Kodi Leia 18.7 and Gdrive1 1.3.6 playing from strm files

Same here

same config, same software version

I didn't know why
no news use source? or auto create new strm? could make the plex addon accept the strm? he already accepts strm with urls.
Hi @cguZZMan

I have been some time figuring out how to work with local NFO & JPG files among STRM files and use as scrapper "Local Information Only", to provide Kodi all nfo & jpg files and don't have kodi looking through internet.

After several tries, I have realized how to make them work together.

The problem was that strm & nfo needs to have exactly the same name but with different extension. That was something that I knew on .avi or .mkv files, but didn't realized with strm because google drive add on generates the following file:

- Movie name (year).mkv.strm
- Movie name (year).nfo
This structure doesn't work with Kodi, so it just ignores NFO file.

In order to use local NFO, you have to do a little change, and rename strm or nfo as follow:

Alternative 1)
- Movie name (year).strm  -->  You delete original extension
- Movie name (year).nfo

Alternative 2)
- Movie name (year).mkv.strm
- Movie name (year).mkv.nfo  -->  You add original extension

As you can see, the problem was that strm had original file extension, while NFO didn't.  With these changes, you can use your own NFO and JPG files.

Taking this into consideration, I was wondering if you can change your google drive add-on to adjust NFO & Strm files so they can work "together".

Regards,
Can someone explain to me why I get a Google Drive error (Cloud drive common module error) after installing my build on a firestick? It says no playlist or something like that and when I click on a file it wants to install Google Drive but does not allow me to Add Account

Here's what I have done:

On the PC I've uninstalled Google Drive and remove all dependencies associated
No Google Drive account added
Fresh Install of Kodi
I use OpenWizard to back up build and install my build on the Firestick
  • 83(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google Drive for KODI7