• 110(current)
Release Google Drive for KODI
(2022-02-11, 03:23)Mathalete Wrote:
(2022-01-31, 19:11)kim1406 Wrote:
(2022-01-19, 18:19)Carvajal Wrote: I solved the problem adding these lines on advancedsettings.xml

<network>
    <disablehttp2>true</disablehttp2>
 </network>

Thanks, I can confirm that after adding those lines in the advancedsettings.xml file, now Kodi is working great, no issue with Google Drive. Great post.
How do you add the file to the nVidia Shield?   No matter what I do, I cannot navigate to the appropriate user settings folder mentioned elsewhere Sad

Sorry for late reply, I added it via my pc through Local Network.
I have noticed that when using Kodi 19 on Nvidia Shield (Android), downloaded subtitles of exported files by google drive addon, will be saved in very odd naming format, something like : 191sUgI7-suBgm0UUwTVnH2OWrYh-aueK.srt. Is there any solution to this? Thanks.
Hi. It turns out I'm not as technologically advanced as I thought I was. I'm having trouble creating the required advancedsettings.xml file to stop the buffering issues I'm encountering with v19.4. Could someone perhaps send me step by step instructions as to creating the file with the proper line breaks, etc. using ES File Explorer? I am using a firestick but have access to whatever other technologies that may be easier to work with.

Or, another thought, if anyone has an idea as how to downgrade back to Leia with a functional Google Drive addon that would be great too. I have multiple TB of movies on a Google Drive account that have become unwatchable and I'm desperate for a solution.
i had that issue and i thought i need that but then i realized it was and internet issue that riquired me to use different DNS, so i did and the issue is gone.
(2022-01-31, 19:11)kim1406 Wrote:
(2022-01-19, 18:19)Carvajal Wrote: I solved the problem adding these lines on advancedsettings.xml

<network>
    <disablehttp2>true</disablehttp2>
 </network>

Thanks, I can confirm that after adding those lines in the advancedsettings.xml file, now Kodi is working great, no issue with Google Drive. Great post.

I am going to try this because mine is suddenly crashing and stops playing .
"Play Choosing Stream Format" option stopped working on my device.

I use a Chromecast, and this happens with all video formats.

Before, the option worked without problems, but currently the original size is selected automatically without choosing the size.
Has anyone tried using a cloudflare proxy like these:

https://github.com/alx-xlx/goindex#demo-...workersdev
https://github.com/maple3142/GDIndex#lite-mode

to bring back adding Google Drive as a source in Kodi? 

The classic theme and lite mode respectively look like they wouldn't need to be modified much to get Kodi to recognize it as an http source, but I don't know what changes are needed.
Not working for me.
Is the api issue that prevents using Google Drive as a source what is causing Kodi to crash if the Google Drive addon is enabled?
I think the herokuapp authentication is offline.  I get Application error when I browse to the site:
An error occurred in the application and your page could not be served. If you are the application owner, check your logs for details. You can do this from the Heroku CLI with the command
heroku logs --tail
Looks like the Heroku service that the drive-login is connected to has changed their "free" offering and has deleted all data from November 28, 2022!

I know the code for the drive login is available on the GitHub, but does anyone know how to deploy it in Heroku?  Or if the owner wants to transfer to my Heroku account, I'll host it.

Cheers,
Ken
When I open Google drive, I get an error message:
"The server is temporay unavailable for this operarion.Please try again later"
My google drive still works on the web and other apps on android phone.
Has anyone encountered this error?
Heroku removed the free tier server service. I'm looking for a new service. It will be down in the meantime.
Thanks Carl, for the update!  Do you mind PM me?  I'd like to setup my own personal app, in Heroku, but have a few questions...

Or, if you can answer here...

I cloned your Git, then pushed the app to Heroku.  It seems to work but when i enter the QR code, it says incorrect Kodi Code. 

I am using a different app name, maybe that is the issue?

Also, in the application.properties  there is a username/password and URL that I don't have information for... 

I just checked the code for the code you enter in Enter code... input
there is no value here or pre defined value, it does use Kodi login manager to get the code, now sure what this is about  but its based on something called PIN
I am not what that means...

Or if there is any more information I need to get it working in Heroku personally, that would be HUGELY appreciated!

And I'm not familiar with java so I may be looking in the wrong places lol.

Thanks SO much for any assistance.

Cheers,
Ken
Hi all,

I don't have much time to deal with this for now. Highly demanding job and new kiddo makes it almost impossible. I did a research some weeks ago, after seeing the notice from Heroku removing the free service, and did not find another free java app hosting service like Heroku. Also, my personal usage has decreased significatively, so not much of self-pressure on getting this resolved on time.

Anyways, this is what I'm going to do: 
- I will pay for the first month of the Heroku Basic Dyno ($7/Month) so the addon keeps working as usual for a month.

Here is what you can do:
  • Donate, so we can extend the Heroku usage as much as possible (find the donation info in the original/firt post). For my personal use, I can deploy it in my home servers, but all the point here is to share the addon with everybody. But if it's going to cost me money, it doesn't make sense.
  • Deploy your own drive-login server. The source code is in GitHub.
    • You need to read the code so you know what configuration parameters are needed. It's basically OAuth2 configurations (Google App OAuth Credentials: clientId, secret, callback url, etc).
    • Yes, you need to request an app credential from Google and go thru the whole process to get it approved. No, I won't share mine.
    • Also, I don't have much time for now to guide you with the OAuth process or the server deployment, but if you can read the google documentation and the drive-login code, it should be straight forward. But if your question is more like: I already deployed it and it's failing because of this, and here is the error log, and I try this and that, I read the error log and try also this and that, but still not working, then we can start talking.
    • Once you have your drive-login deployed, you can change the login url in the addon configuration (in Kodi) to point it to your service.
  • Migrate the drive-login code to your preferred language (mine is java, so...) and probably there are still free hosting services for your language. Again, once deployed somewhere, you can change the login url inside kodi configuration. Read the point above about the need of Google app credentials.
  • If you have a migration of the drive-login to another free hosting service, you can share the code and details, and after a review I can update the addon to point it to the new service.
I will try to be a bit more active again with the addon and try to respond reasonable questions. Don't expect much.
  • 110(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Google Drive for KODI7