Scope screens
Any way to force Estuary to 1:2.39 aspect ratio (scope), without changing the video resolution?

I am building a scope projector screen, and plan to zoom out the display so that the top and bottom of my 16:9 projector just show black.  I'd like the menu and subtitles etc to be constrained to the 1:2.39 portion.  Is there any way to do this?
Without changing the video resolution? That can only mean mis-using the video calibration for displaying the GUI. That in return however will cramp the actual video even more when it is a 21:9 movie. So no, IMO, you are taking the wrong steps there.

Either you build your 21:9 projection screen for such movies only and use a projector with a 21:9 native resolution, or you will have a big problem with the Kodi GUI.

If you don't have a problem with half a GUI on the projector display, but control your Kodi via a smartphone, you could get away with using a 16:9 projector on a 21:9 projector screen.

If your projector also supports Vertical Shift, you can move the video output either fully up or down, so you only have 1 big black bar instead of 2 black bars.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scope screens0