v17 Default recording lifetime
Hi all, I'm just starting out with Kodi having used WMC for many years and everything is going well but I can't seem to find any information as to how the captioned setting can be set to "forever".  I never want Kodi to delete anything automatically as I keep recordings for many years - but the max setting would appear to be 365.  Can it be set to "forever"?
Stanno
NextPVR keeps recordings until your explicitly delete them. The only exception is when you schedule a recurring recording and tell it to keep X recordings. ie, if you tell it to keep (for example) 5 recordings, then as it goes to create the 6th recording it'll delete the oldest, to keep the number of recordings at no more than 5.
(2017-11-29, 19:21)sub3 Wrote: NextPVR keeps recordings until your explicitly delete them. The only exception is when you schedule a recurring recording and tell it to keep X recordings. ie, if you tell it to keep (for example) 5 recordings, then as it goes to create the 6th recording it'll delete the oldest, to keep the number of recordings at no more than 5.
OK, thanks, so, using NextPVR, that setting is superfluous?
Stanno
(2017-11-29, 19:49)Stanno Wrote:
(2017-11-29, 19:21)sub3 Wrote: NextPVR keeps recordings until your explicitly delete them. The only exception is when you schedule a recurring recording and tell it to keep X recordings. ie, if you tell it to keep (for example) 5 recordings, then as it goes to create the 6th recording it'll delete the oldest, to keep the number of recordings at no more than 5.
Stanno 
To be honest, I have no idea what setting you talking about, but there is no NextPVR setting that does that, so the recordings will be kept.
(2017-11-29, 20:03)sub3 Wrote:
(2017-11-29, 19:49)Stanno Wrote:
Stanno  
To be honest, I have no idea what setting you talking about, but there is no NextPVR setting that does that, so the recordings will be kept. 
As per the thread title, it's the Kodi Default Recording Lifetime which defaults to 99 days.  The help says recordings will be deleted after that period of time.  I want to be sure that Kodi does NOT delete them in the NPVR back-end.
Stanno
That's going to do nothing in NextPVR.
(2017-11-29, 21:12)sub3 Wrote: That's going to do nothing in NextPVR.
Great, just what I wanted to hear!  Thanks.
Brian

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Default recording lifetime0