• 4(current)
[REQUEST] SABnzbd+ Controller (NBZ) Python Script for XBMC?
One thing that does not seem to work anymore is that I used to have %s in the rss feed and that would popup to allow me to enter a search term. No popup anymore.

Has that changed?

Thanks.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
tslayer Wrote:One thing that does not seem to work anymore is that I used to have %s in the rss feed and that would popup to allow me to enter a search term. No popup anymore.

Has that changed?

Thanks.

It's working on my end, does the included Newzbin and Nzbindex.nl ones pop up a dialog box? If not then please send me your debug log.

Make sure your feed is named correctly, it needs "- Search" in it somewhere to know to pop up the keyboard; such as 'SomeName - Search'. It would probably make more sense to look for %s, so I'll change that in the next version.
Ohh.. I actually have it as: Search Movies (HD)

So, it needs to be - Search.. I'll rename.

Thanks!
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Hey, I am trying to setup the latest version of your plugin but I am getting errors before it will even open up the plugin on my xbox. I have even gone so far as to replace the xbmc with a fresh copy and it still isn't working. Here is the xbmc.log excerpt:
Code:
04:44:39 M: 40333312  NOTICE: -->Python Initialized<--
04:44:39 M: 40333312  NOTICE:
04:44:39 M: 39809024  NOTICE: arguments:['1', '']
04:44:39 M: 39809024  NOTICE:
04:44:39 M: 39809024  NOTICE: Traceback (most recent call last):
04:44:39 M: 39809024  NOTICE:   File "Q:\plugins\video\SABnzbd\default.py", line 19, in ?
04:44:39 M: 39809024  NOTICE: __author__ = "switch"
04:44:39 M: 39809024  NOTICE:   File "
04:44:39 M: 39809024  NOTICE: Q:\plugins\video\SABnzbd\nzb\item_list.py
04:44:39 M: 39809024  NOTICE: ", line
04:44:39 M: 39809024  NOTICE: 236
04:44:39 M: 39809024  NOTICE: ^
04:44:39 M: 39809024  NOTICE: SyntaxError
04:44:39 M: 39809024  NOTICE: :
04:44:39 M: 39809024  NOTICE: invalid syntax
04:44:39 M: 39809024   ERROR: Scriptresult: Error
04:44:41 M: 42340352   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://video/SABnzbd/) failed
04:44:41 M: 42328064 WARNING: DIRECTORY::CVideoDatabaseDirectory::GetLabel - Unknown nodetype requested 6
RJPereira Wrote:Hey, I am trying to setup the latest version of your plugin but I am getting errors before it will even open up the plugin on my xbox. I have even gone so far as to replace the xbmc with a fresh copy and it still isn't working. Here is the xbmc.log excerpt:

There isn't even a line 236 in the latest version, so I expect the the previous files weren't replaced when you copied the plugin over. Try deleting the whole SABnzbd folder (in plugins/video) and transferring again.
sw1tch Wrote:There isn't even a line 236 in the latest version, so I expect the the previous files weren't replaced when you copied the plugin over. Try deleting the whole SABnzbd folder (in plugins/video) and transferring again.

Thanks, I checked the files and saw that, too. I did as you suggested and it is now working. It must have been some sort of ftp error because I did the exact same thing last time and this time it worked. Thanks it is a great plugin. Is it possible to search binsearch through the plugin and not just view specific groups?
Binsearch.info don't provide an RSS feed for search terms, so no. Maybe they will consider it if you send them an email.
sw1tch Wrote:When/if sabnzbd supports streaming it will be incorporated into this script. I've already had some success with it, just I don't think xbmc supports playing .rar files by webui commands.

Just thinking outloud here but:
what if you added a context menu option "stream" when right clicking on an nzb file?

Once the user selects the "stream" option, the plugin sends the nzb to sab along with an "Action on queue complete" command that specifies not to delete the rar files after the queue is completed

Your plugin then could start monitoring the queue (in the background) as it reports to the user "buffering xx%".

Once your plugin detects the queued item has reached 10% it can then send the command to xbmc's player to open the .rar archive and play the first video file that does not contain the expression "sample".

On completion of the file, (or if the user hits "stop" the plugin could ask the user if he would like to cleanup (delete the rars and pars).

An additional (probably much harder/impossible to code) add-on option would be:
For the script to monitor the queue status in the background while the movie is playing in its partially downloaded state.

Once it detects the queue has completed, the user can be notified and opt to switch to the completed file.

If the user chooses to switch to the completed file, then the plugin checks the current possition of the file being played, then automatically jumps to that possition in the completed file.

The plugin would then preform a cleanup on the "temporary" rar and par files that are normally deleted by sab after a queue completion.
I have looked into streaming before; having sabnzbd issue commands over the httpapi to start playing a downloaded rar-set however there are some issues.

- It will only play the first avi in an nzb, knowing that the file has finished and to start a new one is a tricky problem (not just in xbmc but for playing in other media players). For xbmc I would have to create a callback that would tell sabnzbd it needs the next file.

- XBMC's web commands won't allow auto playing of .rar files

- XBMC on linux/windows/osx require the full rar set to be downloaded before playing.

One solution would be to implement a streaming protocol using the web server of sabnzbd, however that is out of my scripting knowledge, and the scope of sabnzbd. I could maybe get it to just serve the file as a download, I'll have to see; I was waiting for an upgrade of our web server before I looked into implementing it.
sw1tch Wrote:- XBMC on linux/windows/osx require the full rar set to be downloaded before playing.

I thought I was just doing something wrong on my side, and that's why I couldn't get currently downloading rars to play. Without the ability to play incomplete rar files, streaming nzbs doesn't look good.

Totally unrelated to xbmc, but is VLC able to do this in linux?
Is there anyway to stack same movies so they don't show up multiple times? maybe use the imdb id to know which movies are the same? and if you click on a stacked movie then a menu asks what you want to get?

Oh and i love to use the MediaStream skin with wallstream i think that's what its called where all the cover art fills the screen. It would be awesome if you could make a setting where you can ignore movies with no cover art. Right now it looks good but with missing cover art it kinds starts to make the skin look bad.

How do i make the plug in always stay on a skins view that i like, right now when i reload it it goes back to the default which is a list.

Last thing is it possible for it to cache for x amount of days the rss content?
for example every time i load the rss it checks for new items and if there are some it saves it until x days and then it deletes it? or maybe have a way to say keep x amount of posts?

oh and people who use newzbin i if you don't know already you can make cool custom searches like for example have it ignore 1080P,dvd-rs and non english content its very cool has some advance futures to get the searches to what you want then all you do is save it, click on the search and click RSS. To add it to your settings.py copy the link you got when you clicked rss and make sure to change https to http.

I think someone should explain this better in a help file because i didn't know you could do this and i was kinda upset when i got movies that where in another language using the default Movies - Latest link.
I cannot get this script to work. I doesnt seem to be linking up to sabnzbd, I have tried everything, localhost, IP address, etc. I want to be able to use with my newzbin account. Everytime i click on 'queue' i get the message 'Failed to load the sabnzbd queue, check your settings' Any ideas?
teddy6565 Wrote:I cannot get this script to work. I doesnt seem to be linking up to sabnzbd, I have tried everything, localhost, IP address, etc. I want to be able to use with my newzbin account. Everytime i click on 'queue' i get the message 'Failed to load the sabnzbd queue, check your settings' Any ideas?

Make sure sabnzbd's hostname in config>general allows it to listen on your local ip address. If not using vista you can set sabnzbd's host to 0.0.0.0 which will allow localhost to work on your local ip address. Else leave the hostname field blank and it will just listen on your local ip address ( be sure to change your bookmarks)

Then set the host to your local ip in the plugin settings.
sw1tch Wrote:Make sure sabnzbd's hostname in config>general allows it to listen on your local ip address. If not using vista you can set sabnzbd's host to 0.0.0.0 which will allow localhost to work on your local ip address. Else leave the hostname field blank and it will just listen on your local ip address ( be sure to change your bookmarks)

Then set the host to your local ip in the plugin settings.

Thanks.

I previously had both settings as 'localhost' both in sabnzbd and plugin. I am using vista, so i deleted 'localhost' and left blank in sabnzbd and changed the ip within the plugin settings to 192.168.2.8 (local ip). Still nothing? What am I doing wrong?
teddy6565 Wrote:Thanks.

I previously had both settings as 'localhost' both in sabnzbd and plugin. I am using vista, so i deleted 'localhost' and left blank in sabnzbd and changed the ip within the plugin settings to 192.168.2.8 (local ip). Still nothing? What am I doing wrong?

Strange, localhost/localhost should work if you are running sabnbd on the same pc as xbmc. Is your port 8080 or is it different? Are you using the latest version of xbmc and sabnzbd?
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] SABnzbd+ Controller (NBZ) Python Script for XBMC?1