DTS-HD and TrueHD audio passthrough doesn't play audio on receiver
If I set up Kodi to enable passthrough audio using WASAPI on Windows 10 and specify that I have a DTS-HD and True-HD compatible receiver, it doesn't play audio for those audio sources.  My receiver is a Sony STR-DN2010 and it does have both labels on the front of the receiver.  I would like to verify that i have everything configured correctly to enable this as I think i want to use audio passthrough for audio.  I'm looking for ways to test and settings i can check to try to get this working if possible.  If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.  Thanks.
Have a read of the first couple posts in this thread... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=146911

In particular, check your Windows Audio setup
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thanks for pointing to that thread.  I will review all the settings with what i've got set up when i'm home next.

I should have also mentioned that by disabling the DTS-HD and True-HD passthrough options, then I do successfully get 7.1 audio from my receiver.  I have also overridden the EDID by using an EDID file for my Nvidia graphics driver.  But, i will check a bunch of the other settings mentioned in that thread when i get home and let you know if i can figure anything out.

If anyone else has any ideas, let me know.  Thanks.
(2017-11-30, 15:48)abarylak Wrote: Thanks for pointing to that thread.  I will review all the settings with what i've got set up when i'm home next.

I should have also mentioned that by disabling the DTS-HD and True-HD passthrough options, then I do successfully get 7.1 audio from my receiver.  I have also overridden the EDID by using an EDID file for my Nvidia graphics driver.  But, i will check a bunch of the other settings mentioned in that thread when i get home and let you know if i can figure anything out.

If anyone else has any ideas, let me know.  Thanks.
 Not to hijack your thread, but I'm curious as to the "EDID file for my NVIDIA graphics driver" comment.  What are you doing with that?
I'm referring to importing the EDID file into the Nvidia graphics driver for the output to the receiver.  In the Nvidia Control Panel under the System Topology section it gives you the ability to export or import EDIDs for the connection.  However, as i read through the other thread, there may be a more reliable method to do that than what i'm doing, so there are more things for me to test out.  I'll post back if i figure out more.
I googled that a bit and figured out that you can import EDID into Nvidia... but what I can't figure out is "why".  What is the benefit? What does it do?
It is supposed to eliminate the need for the HDCP handshake and possible changing of resolutions on the system if the display is not connected all the time (e.g. always on computer with a Receiver or TV which is not always on).  That way you hopefully will not need to adjust resolutions or overscan or any other settings every single time you turn devices on or off.
I need to Google that a bit more then.  That's the exact issue I'm having.  Sometimes when I turn on my AVR+TV I will get a "blue screen" and have to switch inputs on the AVR to something else for a few seconds and then back to the "TV" setting on the AVR to get the screen to come "show".
Other times, Kodi will just crash when the TV comes on.  I've learned by hitting the " \ " key before I shut off my TV helps a little by putting Kodi into a "Window" mode the TV/AVR doesn't have that much of an issue when it's time to turn back on... usually.
There's a guide here https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=251833
In jjd-uk's link is the alternative way to install the EDID.  Which i have tried that on my machine as well, but i have not experienced any improvements by doing the device manager method over importing an EDID from within the Nvidia Control Panel.  I have another thread regarding the audio issues i'm experiencing with Windows 10 1709, which is more important at this time, and the results from that may change my setup for getting DTS-hd and True-HD working.  I'll keep tabs on this and update as i figure other stuff out that may help here.
Not that this is of much help to you but I've got a NVIDIA card hooked up to a Onkyo AVR and I have no issues using pass through with my install.    DTS-HD, Atmos, etc... they all initialize and play.  

You don't have "sync playback to display" selected?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS-HD and TrueHD audio passthrough doesn't play audio on receiver0