Req Apple TV 4K - Auto Switch framerate and HDR/SDR
I found the button worked.. Just had to hold it for a second then it worked..
any update? Smile I really want to have refresh rate switching working  Smile
Please appletv4k users try this test build and enable refresh rate switching - report back if this works now...:

http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/darwi...b-tvos.deb
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2018-02-15, 23:45)Memphiz Wrote: Please appletv4k users try this test build and enable refresh rate switching - report back if this works now...:

I can confirm it works. Tried both HDR and SDR videos. Rate switching and dynamic range switching work fine. Thank you @Memphiz
Thanks Memphiz, I‘ll try it out later today.
Could somebody please clarify if this is also supposed to make HDR content look natural on non HDR hardware?
Memphiz! Great work on this build!

I can confirm that frame rate switching works on both ATV4K as well as the ATV4 (when on the beta). HDR works as well on the 4K like confirmed above.

I cannot stress how much I appreciate your work and the time you spend on this for all of us.
Hi Memphiz

Use the last deb-file (kodi-20180216-e505fbf-yab-tvos.deb from 2018-Feb-16 21:20)

HDR / SDR detection works
Frame rate detection works
Topshelf is not working (may be due to my developer account)

I have the problem that the movies with 4K resolution (h.265 / HEVC 10Bit) are played choppy, is there a problem with decoding here? Do other people have this problem, or am I still making mistakes in my attitude? Is there a decided attitude like MrMC?

All other resolutions (SD / HD etc.) are smoothly reproduced without any problems. At MrMc, (3.5.1) the 4K movies are played back smoothly.

Thx for all
AppleTV 4K Release 17.2 with Kodi 17.6  & Kodi 20.2.0
QNAP NAS TVS-872XT - Build 5.1.2.2533
(2018-02-15, 23:45)Memphiz Wrote: Please appletv4k users try this test build and enable refresh rate switching - report back if this works now...:

Nope, it never works for me. I have tried both the last one (kodi-20180216-e505fbf-yab-tvos.deb) and the second one from Feb. 15 (kodi-20180215-f9f1bfb-yab-tvos.deb).
I have a Sony Bravia, I have set it up that when the signal is 24Hz it switched the Picture mode to "Cinema Home". The picture mode stays in "Standard" (but it switches from Infuse) and the TV never shows the HDR logo. Also there is a movie that without switching to HDR shows a decent picture (but it looks bland, so not HDR) and many others show crazy colours, like if under some Photoshop filter.

Also the SMB performances (both the NAS and the ATV4K have a 1Gbps ethernet connection) degraded badly. Very choppy.
(2018-02-17, 16:33)guibaa Wrote: Hi Memphiz

Use the last deb-file (kodi-20180216-e505fbf-yab-tvos.deb from 2018-Feb-16 21:20)

HDR / SDR detection works
Frame rate detection works
Topshelf is not working (may be due to my developer account)

I have the problem that the movies with 4K resolution (h.265 / HEVC 10Bit) are played choppy, is there a problem with decoding here? Do other people have this problem, or am I still making mistakes in my attitude? Is there a decided attitude like MrMC?

All other resolutions (SD / HD etc.) are smoothly reproduced without any problems. At MrMc, (3.5.1) the 4K movies are played back smoothly.

Thx for all
 Some new findings after today's tests.

Test with the following versions:

1. kodi-20171024-b184048-yab-tvos.deb from 24.10.2017 19:52
2. kodi-20180216-a9e439f-yab-tvos.deb from 16.02.2018 18:59
3 .kodi-20180216-e505fbf-yab-tvos.deb from 16.02.2018 21:20

1. Topshelf does not work for me in all 3 versions, I think that's because of my developer account.

In the version of 24.10.2017 is another menu item when I activate the hardware acceleration ToolBox. This does not happen in the two versions from 16.02 2018. Why, is this automatically controlled?

In the version from 16.02.2018 21:20 there is also no HDR and HEVC (h.265) HW acceleration anymore. In the version from 16.02.2018 18:59 the recognition work however perfectly.

Is it a packing error between the two versions from 6.02.2108 or are the packages missing for the HEVC HW acceleration?
AppleTV 4K Release 17.2 with Kodi 17.6  & Kodi 20.2.0
QNAP NAS TVS-872XT - Build 5.1.2.2533
I think the latest version just detects the h.265 as interlaced ( a debug log (wiki) would tell) - if this is the case then it’s caused by me tried fixing the issue that failed the playback of some interlaced live tv content as reported by other users. Interlaced content (or whatever kodi thinks is interlaced) will fallback to software decoding... not sure what you mean with the other menu item when enabling Videotoolbox though ...

Also I really don‘t understand why people always use the latest builds even when they are not supposed to be used yet. The last test-build was meant for that one user that reported the issue with interlaced content. The versions that are meant to be used by all others are clearly stated in the core testing threads first post ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
I‘m having no problems with the version you provided for me to fix the problem with interlaced content.
But I have to admit that after my initial tests with the build, Kodi completely freezed when I started a h265/4K/HDR movie.
I restarted the Apple TV and disabled and re-enabled hardware acceleration in Kodi. Since that time everything works fine:
Frame rate switching, hardware acceleration for every content except interlaced h264 streams.

Thank you very much again, please don’t revert those changes :-)
I confirm that Topshelf is working perfectly with latests builds Memphiz, perfect!

PS: Developer paid account.
This one?

kodi-20180216-e505fbf-yab-tvos.deb

Great to see so much progress with the Frame Rate Switching being made. Will this also work with the Apple TV 4 since this now supports the Frame Switching feature?

Many Thanks
Some one alread wrote that it works with appletv4 and tvOS 11.3 beta...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV 4K - Auto Switch framerate and HDR/SDR0