Sort movies by Disney?
Is there a way to sort or view all the movies I have in my library by just Disney? Thanks!
Thread moved to OS independent.

If you use Video library tags (wiki) you could do it, but you'd have to set them up first. Or if they're stored in a specific folder you could use a playlist (wiki) or video node (wiki) for that.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-12-02, 20:18)Heyfrank Wrote: Is there a way to sort or view all the movies I have in my library by just Disney? Thanks!

Yes there is. In fact there is already a filter (a video Node) in Kodi that does this. Using Estuary Choose Videos>Movies>Studios>scroll down to Disney and then to Walt Disney ... and you will see all the variants of the studios that Disney pictures are released under. choose any one to see the movies.

You can make you own filter, using a smart playlist or video node, to have all the Disney movies under one filter by using the rule Studio contains "Disney".
  • with a smart playlist from the builtin smart playlist editor, Videos>Playlists>New smart playlist, or
  • with a video node using the addon library node editor, found under programs addons in the official repo.

Those two approaches represent reusable options and some skins allow you to use them for custom Home Menu items. However, if you aim is just to see the Disney movies, use the advanced filtering system that is in the library
  • From the side menu in the library,
  • Choose Filter, to open the advanced filtering dialog,
  • Choose Studios,
  • Use the multi select list to choose all Disney and Walt Disney variants
  • Press Ok and there you have all your Disney Movies.

• Activate the Dialog again, and choose clear to return to the unfiltered library.

Finally, if your aim is to separate all kids movies, not just Disney, use Darren Hill's suggestions above.

• Tag all the Kids movies and make a filter (smart playlist or video node) with the rule tag is Kids, or
  • Put all the Kids Movies in a separate folder and make a filter with the rule, path contains Kids

Hope that helps

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sort movies by Disney?0