WIP Setting up KODI using Ansible
In response to this post in thread Install addons from command line I decided to start a dedicated thread on how to configure KODI using Ansible.

I am currently figuring out possible methods to configure KODI using ansible to get my personal setup up and running. My setup at the moment focuses on using KODI for watching DVB-T2 live TV.

The following parts of KODI I have configured using Ansible:
  • Install plugins (via a more or less hackish solution, see below Eek)
  • Configure tvheadend server
  • Configure Live TV client

I am using the following techniques:
  • Edit XML-Files with Lineinfile, Blockinfile and Template Modules
  • Modify internal KODI-Databases using sqlite3 command line frontend with queries generated by Ansible (and the shell or command modules)
  • Eek Generate a so called meta-addon, which just will pull a number of dependencies. This is my hackish way to have a one-step-solution for installing all my required addons. It still requires me to install that generated addon-package manually.

My current work is rather unstable work in progress. Once I reach a minimal stable state, I will provide more details and also can share my achievements via github or the like. Contributions of others of course will be welcome!
Thread moved to Linux support
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Just in case someone is eager for some progress here: I've recently been busy with other projects, but I certainly will continue with this ansible-kodi-thing ... just stay tuned Smile.
Hi, i'm doing some automations in ansible too for post install/reinstall system (passwords.xml,guisettings.xml, advancesettings.xml, pi licenses, etc), and for update addons and repos. Do you known any reproducible steps to install adonis and repos from ansible? (do you have any advance in this subject? i saw your other post) Thanks!

I really would like to full automated install of kodi with ansible  :-)
Did anything come from any of these addons?
Something already exists :
https://github.com/cmprescott/ansible-role-kodi
https://github.com/yencarnacion/ansible-kodi
(2018-01-13, 22:43)CygnusHyoga Wrote: Hi, i'm doing some automations in ansible too for post install/reinstall system (passwords.xml,guisettings.xml, advancesettings.xml, pi licenses, etc), and for update addons and repos. Do you known any reproducible steps to install adonis and repos from ansible? (do you have any advance in this subject? i saw your other post) Thanks!

I really would like to full automated install of kodi with ansible  :-)

I imported https://galaxy.ansible.com/jose1711/kodi_ansible_role into galaxy today which is especially focused on addon installation so I'd welcome a review. PRs welcome!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setting up KODI using Ansible0