Req Allow <dateadded> to be imported from NFO
I'm not sure if I have run into a bug or if this is by design, but I cannot get the <dateadded> field in NFOs to be recognised when importing media into Kodi.  To put this into context, I have a number of media stubs that I'm using to list my disc-based media in the Kodi library, and I'd like to use the <dateadded> field for the date I bought the disc; it would help me to see which movies I have bought but not actually watched yet, and how long they have been sat on my shelf.  Folder structure is:

- Avatar (2009).bd (I've added "bd" as a recognised media stub extension in advancedsettings.xml)
- fanart.jpg
- poster.jpg

An example of the NFO structure I'm using is:

<movie>
  <title>Avatar</title>
  <originaltitle></originaltitle>
  <tagline>Enter the world of Pandora.</tagline>
  <plot>In the 22nd century, a paraplegic Marine is dispatched to a moon called Pandora on a unique mission, but becomes torn between following orders and protecting an alien civilization.</plot>
  <set></set>
  <sorttitle></sorttitle>
  <trailer>plugin://plugin.video.youtube/?action=play_video&videoid=5PSNL1qE6VY</trailer>
  <tag>BD</tag>
  <dateadded>2017-12-01</dateadded>
  <playcount>1</playcount>
</movie>
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/19995

This is all in the correct structure as per the wiki page on NFO files.

Everything works fine in terms of Kodi seeing the media stub, checking the NFO and inserting the metadata and fanart / poster into my library, but unfortunately the <dateadded> field is ignored no matter what setting I choose in the advancedsettings.xml <dateadded> field. I propose a possible solution to this:

In advancedsettings.xml, give a fourth option of "<dateadded>3</dateadded>" to point Kodi to the <dateadded> field in the NFO. This would then respect the information stored in the NFO instead of looking at the ctime / mtime of the file or the date / time that the scan was done on the file.

Is this possible?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Allow <dateadded> to be imported from NFO0