[Leia Alpha] Anyone having troubles with voices out of sync after pause?
Had to switch to v18 on my Shield due to SMB1 issues with Windows after the Creators Update.  Everything works, but ive noticed the audio will go out of sync if I pause then resume.  If I stop it all together and resume from the spot stopped, the audio is fine.  Shield is hard wired on a gigabit ethernet network.  Now I do realize v18 is still Alpha, so if this issue can be chalked up to the software being alpha so be it, but I wanted to check if anyone else is having any problems.  Would hate to assume its just due to the alpha stage and then find out its actually something else I could have fixed.  

Audio passthrough is enabled with Dolby Digital clicked and Dolby Digital transcoding checked.  All others are unchecked.  Audio is sent to the receiver from my tv via ARC (Due to the tv being HDMI 2.0 and the avr being HDMI 1.4).  If I turn off Dolby Digital transcoding, I don't get 5.1 audio on 5.1 PCM tracks, only 2.0.  Transcoding turned on gives it 5.1 on PCM.
I have similar issue with v17.6, even sound is bad after made some seek (forward or backward), need a complete Stop and replay to have normal sound again.
I don't know if it is out of sync, or maybe I am not detected it, but in each 5-10 seconds it is making a pause or attempt to resync with a stop in audio. It is like audio is stalling.
I have the same audio sync problem in Windows 7, it's existed in the nightly for at least the last 2 weeks. I used to alpha to try the NHL addon which does not work under 17.4 or 17.6 but works fine for Leia (Jan 17th nightly) well except for the audio sync issue.
Sadly, I can confirm this, with Kodi and/or SMPC on the Nvidia Shield. This has been bugging me for months now. Also with audio-passtrough on. Tried numerous settings and fixes scattered on various fora posted by users and developers but i'm still experiencing delays on pause, FF or RW.

I DID notice one thing though. It does NOT occur when I fresh start Kodi or SPMC (on an already running Shield). I can pause, rewind or whatever and audio always stays in sync. Only when the Shield comes out of its sleep state (well it does not actually sleep, it shuts video/audio output but Kodi remains running and active) and when I'm starting the same content (as before the sleep-state), it's immediately out of sync. Something happens during sleep state or when resuming from sleep which causes this. Don't know if Kodi is to blame or the Shield. I don't even know if Kodi is aware of the Shield's sleep state because Kodi remains active.

Anyway to solve the sync problem for me is to manually stop and restart Kodi. Until the issue is fixed, I just whish there was a Kodi restart option (within Kodi and working on Android)
I was having the same issue with kodi on Nvidia Shield. I tried creating advanced settings file but that still didnt fix the audio out of sync issue when fast forwarding or rewinding a video file. This is how it fixed it for me. I first went to Nvidia Shield settings 》Apps》 find Kofi in the list and clear cache. This deleted all my settings with kodi and also fixed black screen issue was having when going to kodi and then back to home screen of nvidia shield. I then went into kodi, system settings, audio tab and set the "keep audio device alive" to 1 min. I tested this with few mkv files and the audio sync issue is fixed. Hope this helps others having the same issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Leia Alpha] Anyone having troubles with voices out of sync after pause?0