64 bit download (for Win7, NOT Win10)??
Last summer old 32-bit Win7 7 got corrupted & someone here made it clear support was scarce for the old Win version.  So I changed to 64-bit.

Now, suddenly, kodi won't start (crashes a second after clicking & before the splash screen).  Windows: "program has stopped working & will close).

So I thought, "OK, I'll just download a newer version & overwrite whats on the c drive".   Product details: file version 17.9.701.0; 18.0ALPHA1.  It's been running fine until just now,

But I can't find a 64 bit download other than thru the Microsoft Store, which requires going to Win 10 (no way).

Where are the current 64-bit Win7 downloads, and why when I click on the windows install icon does it come up with 32bit versions?
I don't know where you've downloaded that alpha version of Kodi but if it's from this site, you were only 2 inches away from the 64bit version. Mind you, that version is still in development and not deemed stable enough for most folks. The current stable version is 17.6, and there is no 64bit version of it. Up till now, there was hardly any reason for a 64bit version since it didn't need more than 4 GB of ram anyway.
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
There is no 64 bit release of Kodi. All Kodi for Windows is 32bit

The 64bit is currently in development and will be released as v18. As PH-SYM stated, it is not stable enough if you want a hassle free experience.

If you are having issues with your current install, then provide a debug log... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=323719
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Cody won’t launch, so I don’t know how to create an error log. I don’t recall how I got to the 64 bit install, maybe it was a nightly build. It’s been working fine up to this moment

So I should go back to a 32 bit version? Will it preserve all the user files?
(2017-12-05, 02:50)right.vote Wrote: Cody won’t launch, so I don’t know how to create an error log
Well that is why I gave you the link, so you could do exactly that. Did you look at it?

Submit the log first. Once we can see what the problem is, I'll be in a better position to answer your second question.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
https://pastebin.com/p8m4HWbj

That it?  File name isn't "Kodi.log" but "kodi".  All other files have an extension listed; this one doesn't

There isn't a "Kodi.log".  There is also a stacktrace & a crashlog.  

The stacktrace simply says:

Thread 3760 (process 1464)
# 0

The crashlog doesn't open with any program I have installed.
Yep, that is it. I can immediately see you have problems with your audio drivers. At this stage, it looks like the culprit, but there may be other problems that reveal once that is fixed.

python:
17:28:15.889 T:3556 INFO: CActiveAESink::OpenSink - initialize sink
17:28:15.889 T:3556 DEBUG: CActiveAESink::OpenSink - trying to open device WASAPI:{F9844F9E-72F3-47EA-AA78-87A9BC735EB3}
17:28:15.889 T:3556 INFO: CAESinkWASAPI::Initialize: Could not locate the device named "{F9844F9E-72F3-47EA-AA78-87A9BC735EB3}" in the list of WASAPI endpoint devices. Trying the default device...
17:28:15.934 T:3556 INFO: CAESinkWASAPI::InitializeExclusive: WASAPI Exclusive Mode Sink Initialized using: AE_FMT_S16NE, 44100, 2
17:28:15.934 T:3556 DEBUG: CActiveAESink::OpenSink - WASAPI Initialized:
17:28:15.934 T:3556 DEBUG: Output Device : Device not found
17:28:15.934 T:3556 DEBUG: Sample Rate : 44100
17:28:15.934 T:3556 DEBUG: Sample Format : AE_FMT_S16NE
17:28:15.934 T:3556 DEBUG: Channel Count : 2
17:28:15.934 T:3556 DEBUG: Channel Layout: FL, FR
17:28:15.934 T:3556 DEBUG: Frames : 2208
17:28:15.934 T:3556 DEBUG: Frame Size : 4

You are using a very old version of Kodi v18. Why did you want to install software still in development? If you are going to do that, then you need to keep updating your install with the latest nightly releases. To give you an idea, there have been at least 60 nightly releases since you installed your version. Can't give you an exact number as the historical information only goes back to mid October.

You should be one of those users that just sticks with the official release version.
My Signature
OP seems to be under the impression that x64 has better support. That’s not the case.

I would recommend you install 17.6 and forget about x64 nightlies for now

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
64 bit download (for Win7, NOT Win10)??0