• 15(current)
Auto frame rate switching & dynamic range matching - 4K (HDR10) capable Hardware
(2018-06-10, 18:53)wesk05 Wrote:
(2018-06-10, 14:12)noggin Wrote: So are they testing for 00 LSBs on 4:2:2 12-bit sources before they report it's a 10-bit source do you think?  Or is this a source device indicating its outputting 10-bit content in 4:2:2 12-bit with the two LSBs carrying 00s rather than dither? 
It's the latter, the source device is indicating that the 12-bit 4:2:2 is actually 10-bit with 0 padding.  
Thanks. Life would be a lot simpler if there was a 4:2:2 10-bit HDMI format for 2160p at 50Hz and above, rather than just 12-bit...
Dear all.

What do you think about new CoreELEC release? According to readme use OSMC kernel with the fix for 4:2:2 10Bits HDR movies like wrxtasy build
What are the mian difference with @wrxtasy realease regarding in quality and support files?

Thanks.
4:2:2 is not fixed (green screen bug) with CoreELEC if the Kernel used is the (mostly) OSMC / @kszaq one.

Those guys are running Alpha versions of LE 8.x and Akpha Kodi Leia with the troublesome new Kodi- Whitelist res / refresh switching functionality.

LE Kodi Krypton by comparison is more a stable.

(2018-06-11, 00:10)noggin Wrote: Thanks. Life would be a lot simpler if there was a 4:2:2 10-bit HDMI format for 2160p at 50Hz and above, rather than just 12-bit... 
YCbCr 4:2:2 encoding is from BT.601 era. I don't think there will be any change to the encoding format.
(2018-06-12, 00:31)wesk05 Wrote:
(2018-06-11, 00:10)noggin Wrote: Thanks. Life would be a lot simpler if there was a 4:2:2 10-bit HDMI format for 2160p at 50Hz and above, rather than just 12-bit... 
YCbCr 4:2:2 encoding is from BT.601 era. I don't think there will be any change to the encoding format.    
And it's still very much with us in broadcast production in Rec 709 HD and Rec 2020 UHD...  You don't see much 4:4:4 or 4:2:0 in studios or outside broadcast trucks.  There is still a requirement for simple conversions between HD-SDI and HDMI - and this will hold for 6G and 12G UHD-SDI, as well as Rec 2022-6/7 and Rec 2110 IP production.  (4:4:4 is used a bit more - along with RAW - in high-end drama production)

I don't see 4:2:2 going anywhere anytime soon, nor do I see support for it no longer being required.
Isn't Ryzen capable of HDR in Windows?
Hi all,

Been a while. I  am currently using the Nvidia Shield for all my media purposes, i have it hooked up via receiver to my Epson 9300 PJ i think its called ub6040 in the USA. I watch all my stuff through Kodi/Netflix 

I will be moving house soon and the new place wont have room for a Pj so i will be getting a OLED. moving forward what has bugged me about the shield is the fact that i have to manually change the colour space options everytime i want to watch 4k content. It has got old pretty quick. From checking this forum and others is that the Shield is supposed to get an update soon to enable the auto colour switching? I live in Aus and as of today i am running Sheild fw 6.3 and Android version 7. When and if this update comes out will it simply just work or do i have to install third party programs?

Cheers
From what I've seen on here and the geforce forums by wesk05 the update color matches very well. It's part of the Oreo update that is due soon. If you want it earlier you need to join the Shield preview programme. It should work without any intervention as long as your display is working and set up correctly.
(2018-06-27, 09:36)T800 Wrote: From what I've seen on here and the geforce forums by wesk05 the update color matches very well. It's part of the Oreo update that is due soon. If you want it earlier you need to join the Shield preview programme. It should work without any intervention as long as your display is working and set up correctly.
 Thanks man, looks like i will just have to wait it out!
Hello, can I ask how does it look with MeCool KIII Amlogic S912 support Android 7 out of the box? Still does not work (Ive read here a lot). I know, LibreELEC works but it needs a lot of work Smile
thx
Do the Roku boxes support refresh rate switching? Is it just limited to Netflix, Prime Video or do they switch other content providers' apps' refresh rates as well?
Not kodi related but your answer is here:

https://support.roku.com/article/1150128...or-tv-show
(2018-08-17, 10:36)kaamaan Wrote: Hello, can I ask how does it look with MeCool KIII Amlogic S912 support Android 7 out of the box? Still does not work (Ive read here a lot).

Android Kodi - Frame Rate Matching / Refresh Switching capable devices:

- NVIDIA Shield (also does auto 1080p <<-->> 4K Resolution switching with Kodi Leia)
- MINIX U9
- WeTek Hub / Play2
- some Ugoos AMLogic devices (click) (untested)

- Unsure if directly installed Kodi on HiMedia Q5/Q10 or Zidoo X9S does Kodi refresh switching using the Kodi App only.

None of the cheap AMLogic Android boxes has properly working Refresh Switching with Android Kodi.
Use LibreELEC instead on such devices, then you also get Krypton / Leia - 1080p <<-->> 4K auto Resolution switching.

(S905's with specific LE Krypton images (ie. mine) even do 720p <<-->> 1080p <<-->> 4K auto resolution switching)

"Intel Windows" should probably be "Microsoft Windows" or just Windows. There is no requirement for Intel hardware.
(2018-10-20, 18:54)Warner306 Wrote: "Intel Windows" should probably be "Microsoft Windows" or just Windows. There is no requirement for Intel hardware.

Yep - important not to forget AMD these days Smile
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto frame rate switching & dynamic range matching - 4K (HDR10) capable Hardware5