Auto frame rate switching & dynamic range matching - 4K (HDR10) capable Hardware
I do not have a HDR TV to test but I've not seen a single complaint about really bad colorspace outputs with Android on the U9 once devices are initially setup and people are viewing mixed SDR / HDR10 content. MINIX since U9 release have done a LOT of tweaking to the U9's - Android Firmware.

I certainly get decent picture outputs using Android Kodi Krypton for 4K HDR10 video content viewed on a 10bit SDR 4K display so AMLogic's HDR10 > SDR matching is definitely working, same as it does with AML LibreELEC Kodi Krypton.

Auto Frame rate matching also works for Android Kodi and I believe Plex. Android TV - Live Channels App also.

What would be interesting is if you connected that LE S912 box again to your Epson PJ and then SSH Logged in and issued a:

Code:
cat /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/disp_cap

You can then see exactly what HDMI EDID negotiated display and colorspace modes the S912 is reading from the Epson PJ.
These can then be tweaked and put in a disp_cap file in the .kodi/userdata folder when using LE.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Auto frame rate switching & dynamic range matching - 4K (HDR10) capable Hardware - by wrxtasy - 2017-12-08, 02:47
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto frame rate switching & dynamic range matching - 4K (HDR10) capable Hardware5