• 3(current)
Auto frame rate switching & dynamic range matching - 4K (HDR10) capable Hardware
(2017-12-19, 02:45)hdmkv Wrote: MediaInfo from the version I have...
This is what I see for my version also.

@wrxtasy: You can try this link: https://mega.nz/#!0VMWhRoD!6hR2-lRoYKqO1...yySxUIp-E4 This was uploaded by someone else, but I have downloaded it and verified the file.

Going back to ATV4K HDR10 metadata, I rechecked again today and I can positively say that the HDR10 metadata that is output doesn't match the original source. I tried 4 clips with different mastering display luminance, ATV4K sets the mastering display luminance to max:1000 nits and min: 0.005 nits for all the clips. It even changes the mastering display primaries from DCI-P3 to BT.2020. In short, ATV4K simply ignores the HEVC SEI metadata and replaces it with its own static HDR10 metadata. I am not sure how to test whether this is isolated to MrMC or a general ATV4K issue. I do have to say that I am not seeing this issue with Netflix or Amazon Prime HDR playback.
Hi wesk05. Have you tried it using Infuse?
(2017-12-19, 08:46)wesk05 Wrote: I am not sure how to test whether this is isolated to MrMC or a general ATV4K issue. I do have to say that I am not seeing this issue with Netflix or Amazon Prime HDR playback.
Cheers I have forwarded your post on to @davilla's Testflight sub-forum. Confirming this was v3.3.1 of MrMC ?

https://mrmc.tv/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10...712#p11712

Are there any hints or roadmap for Libreelec/Kodi HDR on Intel Kaby Lake?
Does Apple TV 4K do bitstreaming through mrmc?
(2017-12-05, 06:03)wrxtasy Wrote:
  • AMLogic S905X / S912 boxes running LibreELEC Kodi Krypton
What settings should I be using in LE?

Also, should I expect auto resolution switching?

Thanks.
Fire TV Stick, Xiaomi Mi Box, Tanix TX3 Mini (S905W), Fire TV with 4K, Apple TV 4K, Tanix TX3 (S905X3)
(2017-12-18, 09:36)RXP91 Wrote: Auto res switching is working on the latest Kodi on the latest NVidia Shield build. If you set Kodi to output at 1080p it'll automatically go to 4k HDR Rec2020 when you play a UHD. It'll switch back to 1080p when you stop. It doesn't work vice versa.

Fantastic news!
 Which build and where can I download it? Presumably if its a Shield build its SPMC, if so, i'm only seing 16.2 to download.

Thanks  Smile
Hi

You can pre releases of SPMC 17 here : http://download.semperpax.com/spmc/android-arm/?C=M;O=D
Kodi 18.1 running on
- Nvidia Shield 2017
- Beelink GT1 Ultimate (S912 / 3Gb RAM) @ CoreELEC 9.0.1
- Mini M8S II (S905X / 2 Gb RAM) @ CoreELEC 9.0.1
(2018-01-02, 19:42)Fredouye Wrote: Hi

You can pre releases of SPMC 17 here : http://download.semperpax.com/spmc/android-arm/?C=M;O=D
 Aha!  Thank you!!

Aha!  Thank you!!

EDIT, just tried it on the Shield, worked perfectly!! Very impressed, nice work Koying and all those others behind the scenes!

Does leave me with a problem though, git an Apple TV 4k for Christmas, which one do i keep and how do I tell the wife thanks for the Apple but the Shields (arguably) better!?
(2018-01-02, 20:41)boris blank Wrote:

Aha!  Thank you!!

EDIT, just tried it on the Shield, worked perfectly!! Very impressed, nice work Koying and all those others behind the scenes!

Does leave me with a problem though, git an Apple TV 4k for Christmas, which one do i keep and how do I tell the wife thanks for the Apple but the Shields (arguably) better!? 
hi there!  I think you are having the same internal struggle as me.

I have a 2015 "smart" Samsung that can stream Netflix and Amazon Video in 4K currently...therefore, having that function in a media streamer is really just a bonus for me.  However, I DO want a media streamer that is powerful and also has a lot of app support (google play apple app store, etc...) for things like HGTV, HBO GO, Food Net, etc...

This brings me to two choices, either the Apple 4KTV or the Shield.  My only issue with the ATV4K is that I would have to sideload Kodi :-(  So unless there's a way to sideload Kodi to ATV4K now using a PC, then I think the decision is really easy at this point.  Especially now that Shield can auto switch?  Is that what I'm reading above?  Also, this isn't done through the Kodi app in the playstore right?  it's done using SPMC sideloaded?  Thanks!
If you need to watch mixed HDR10 and SDR video content then the only choice is the Apple TV 4K unlelss you love continually fiddling in Android settings all the time manually switching colorspaces OR put up with with incorrect color outputs. Incorrect color really is a poor way to view content on an expensive 4K HDR10 TV, you are kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

For those of us living in Aus / N.Z. / Europe / UK auto frame rate matching on ATV 4K is needed as well for ALL Apps for smooth video playback, especially 25fps IPTV ones. It is really is nice watching video with Netflix, Amazon Video, (insert video playback App Here) with proper frame rate matching.

These two things matter to those that have expensive big screen HDR capable displays. Quality picture upscaling is important as well, not just from Kodi but system wide.

We better not talk about Dolby Digital audio support for those that have DD only Soundbars and TV's and like to hear surround sound from DD+ Apps like Netflix and Amazon.

MrMC is fine for Kodi use on the ATV 4K as well. The Black Nova Skin is a welcome improvement.
Deinterlacing picture quality for OTA TV is excellent as well.

In the end it all depends where a users priorities are focused and how much continual, ongoing device settings fiddling they are willing to put up with. Wink

(2018-01-02, 23:44)wrxtasy Wrote: If you need to watch mixed HDR10 and SDR video content then the only choice is the Apple TV 4K unlelss you love continually fiddling in Android settings all the time manually switching colorspaces OR put up with with incorrect color outputs. Incorrect color really is a poor way to view content on an expensive 4K HDR10 TV, you are kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

For those of us living in Aus / N.Z. / Europe / UK auto frame rate matching on ATV 4K is needed as well for ALL Apps for smooth video playback, especially 25fps IPTV ones. It is really is nice watching video with Netflix, Amazon Video, (insert video playback App Here) with proper frame rate matching.

These two things matter to those that have expensive big screen HDR capable displays. Quality picture upscaling is important as well, not just from Kodi but system wide.

We better not talk about Dolby Digital audio support for those that have DD only Soundbars and TV's and like to hear surround sound from DD+ Apps like Netflix and Amazon.

MrMC is fine for Kodi use on the ATV 4K as well. The Black Nova Skin is a welcome improvement.
Deinterlacing picture quality for OTA TV is excellent as well.

In the end it all depends where a users priorities are focused and how much continual, ongoing device settings fiddling they are willing to put up with. Wink
Thank you for the info "wrxtasy" !  Is there currently an option to install Kodi on ATV4K without having a mac computer?  I don't have one in house, only PC's.  If there is a way for me to install this easily then I do think ATV4K would be my best solution over the Shield.  If not, then I think the Shield would be the better solution, especially since I think I'm reading that auto res switching is now available in Kodi, right?  Thanks!
dRo3, yes it can be done in Windows! There is a thread around this forum that explains exactly what to do BUT, to be fair, MrMC is based on Kodi and works very well indeed on the ATV4k. Google MrMC and it might save you some hassle.
Wrxtasy, hang on though, I just tried the latest SPMC nightly and colorspace switched as well as resolution and frame rate on my Shield. 

To top it off, the Samsung it's all plugged into automatically changed to the HDR calibrated settings so no fiddling about with the Shield or the Samsung telly 😄

Unfortunately, it wasn't my Samsung! I have a Sony ZD9 and for that you need to change the picture settings as HDR / SDR colour settings are stored separately and have  to be manually selected 😕

Thus the problem of keep the Shield or keep the ATV4k Apple has black crush on HDR signals, issues with HD audio, Sheild has not so good upscaling (although the newer SPMC/Kodi builds have pretty much circumvented that).
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto frame rate switching & dynamic range matching - 4K (HDR10) capable Hardware5