Auto frame rate switching & dynamic range matching - 4K (HDR10) capable Hardware
(2018-01-02, 23:44)wrxtasy Wrote: If you need to watch mixed HDR10 and SDR video content then the only choice is the Apple TV 4K unlelss you love continually fiddling in Android settings all the time manually switching colorspaces OR put up with with incorrect color outputs. Incorrect color really is a poor way to view content on an expensive 4K HDR10 TV, you are kidding yourself if you think otherwise.

For those of us living in Aus / N.Z. / Europe / UK auto frame rate matching on ATV 4K is needed as well for ALL Apps for smooth video playback, especially 25fps IPTV ones. It is really is nice watching video with Netflix, Amazon Video, (insert video playback App Here) with proper frame rate matching.

These two things matter to those that have expensive big screen HDR capable displays. Quality picture upscaling is important as well, not just from Kodi but system wide.

We better not talk about Dolby Digital audio support for those that have DD only Soundbars and TV's and like to hear surround sound from DD+ Apps like Netflix and Amazon.

MrMC is fine for Kodi use on the ATV 4K as well. The Black Nova Skin is a welcome improvement.
Deinterlacing picture quality for OTA TV is excellent as well.

In the end it all depends where a users priorities are focused and how much continual, ongoing device settings fiddling they are willing to put up with. Wink
Thank you for the info "wrxtasy" !  Is there currently an option to install Kodi on ATV4K without having a mac computer?  I don't have one in house, only PC's.  If there is a way for me to install this easily then I do think ATV4K would be my best solution over the Shield.  If not, then I think the Shield would be the better solution, especially since I think I'm reading that auto res switching is now available in Kodi, right?  Thanks!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Auto frame rate switching & dynamic range matching - 4K (HDR10) capable Hardware - by dR03 - 2018-01-03, 01:46
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto frame rate switching & dynamic range matching - 4K (HDR10) capable Hardware5