Auto frame rate switching & dynamic range matching - 4K (HDR10) capable Hardware
(2018-04-02, 22:18)ionutm80 Wrote:
(2018-04-02, 20:04)davilla Wrote: bug in tvOS 11.3, everyone knows about it.

After reading a lot of posts it seems that Apple introduced 2 bugs with tvOS 11.3:
1. Audio passthrough of DTS and AC3 is broken.
2. HDR content played on non-HDR screen is broken.

Do you have some workaround for MrMC for either of the 2 bugs? On Infuse forum I see that Apple stated that they have no intention to fix these. I can live with 1. and have only DD 5.1 reencoded by Apple but 2. is bearable only up to a point. Very stupid on my side to update before documenting first, too much reliance on Apple quality... 

You night want to re-read the Infuse forum post. That references 2) and says nothing about 1).

Regardless,

1) Zero we can do about it. They are messing with the audio stream after it leaves MrMC. Touch a passthrough stream and it breaks. Bet it has to do with Sire (voice). 

2) I'm not sure of this result, ever since HDR was possible on pre-11.3, it handled HDR -> SDR quite fine. Best users can do is start a plummet Apple with complaints and maybe the will take a closer look. They did for display rate and HDR/SDR switching.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Auto frame rate switching & dynamic range matching - 4K (HDR10) capable Hardware - by davilla - 2018-04-02, 23:02
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto frame rate switching & dynamic range matching - 4K (HDR10) capable Hardware5