A lot of Picture View problems...
@grobi1209

You have quite a few banned repositories installed. Need to remove them for assistance. But no work has been done on this issue at this stage, so no fix yet.

The forum moderators have determined that Banned_addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Karellen

okay, i'll remove the add-ons and post a clean log tomorrow evening.

thx for your reply!
Here is a clean log:
http://ix.io/1eft

What's interesting is, that after i've removed all of the unnecessary add-ons the thumbnail caching works a little bit better but when i scroll through the folders kodi crashes further on.

Greets
Grobi
I'm on newest Play Store version on the latest firmware for Shield, lots of crashes viewing high res photos from my SMB NAS. It's been happening for a long time, and the higher the resolution the more it crashes. Sometimes generating thumbnails, sometimes viewing a slideshow.

Multiple installs / flashes of fresh firmware on Shield, always acts exactly the same.

No shady add-ons.
(2018-09-04, 15:18)AaronCompNetSys Wrote: No shady add-ons.
No debug log (wiki) as well. Smile
Last year I switched from my Win10 Kodi to Android version on Nvidia Shield.
And found that the same crash is happening on Android Kodi during pictures thumbs viewing (exactly same issues i posted in first post in this thread).
Since then i tried 17.6, 18 rc1. 18 rc2, up to 18 rc5.2.
Crash is still not fixed. Will it be fixed some day?
I‘m not talking about 1000 pictures folders. It crashes even on 100 pictures.
What about my logs, posted nearly one year ago? --> https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2721292
I have like 110k of picture and home videos. Crash!
(2017-12-18, 14:57)spiff Wrote: i can confirm your observations but i haven't found time to look into the problem.
 Looks good with this nightly 20190210-1c60cbda
Rainbow 
(2019-02-12, 19:24)Han` Wrote:
(2017-12-18, 14:57)spiff Wrote: i can confirm your observations but i haven't found time to look into the problem.

@Han`

I installed discourse.coreelec.org nightly 2/19/19 based on 18 RC? which I am assuming by now incorporates the (Windows) nightly you mentioned.

But when I check the contents on my USB stick attached to my X96mini tv box running this CoreElec distro, I still see no difference: I can't see any photos, and my mp3 music folder only displays an mp3 file image، but can't open the folder۔

I have been using the Mimic 6.0/Lyrebird skin (see post #86):
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=314589&page=6

Any help is welcome ☺ How can I can the code updates needed into CoreElec ?
Tried to watch photos yesterday on Nvidia Shield with latest official Kodi 18.1.
The same crash in about 10 secs after entering photo folder.
Don‘t belive it will be fixed some day. Several years - no progress Sad
Rainbow 
(2019-02-20, 04:34)siliconhippy Wrote:
(2019-02-12, 19:24)Han` Wrote:

@Han`

I installed discourse.coreelec.org nightly 2/19/19 based on 18 RC? which I am assuming by now incorporates the (Windows) nightly you mentioned.

But when I check the contents on my USB stick attached to my X96mini tv box running this CoreElec distro, I still see no difference: I can't see any photos, and my mp3 music folder only displays an mp3 file image، but can't open the folder۔

I have been using the Mimic 6.0/Lyrebird skin (see post #86):
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=314589&page=6

Any help is welcome ☺ How can I can the code updates needed into CoreElec ?

Never mind... problem solved, as in post #93 above link !
Very disapointed.
No fixes in many years.

Switched to Plex.
My Kodi 18.2 crashes, when opening some picture-folders, too.
I think, it happens mostly, if i open folders with smartphone-pictures (Android).
No problems with this folders or pictures in other picture-viewer or editors.

bye,
Ralf

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A lot of Picture View problems...1