A lot of Picture View problems...
Hello,
Not sure why no one reported this, I don't believe it just me who have all this troubles with pictures view in Kodi.
My photos are located on NAS Server and I'm trying to see pictures folder in Photo section of Kodi.
As far as I enter some folder with pictures following happen:
1. Kodi starts making Thumbnails or something and while it happens I cannot see pictures pressing Enter on some Thumb icon. Sometimes when I'm doing this - I get just black screen. After pressing Escape sometimes I see the full screen picture but it immediately returns to Thumbs view mode because during generating thumbnails it seems some memory problems occur or anything else - it resets thumbs generating and starts generating it again, and cancels my pictures viewing mode. I don't know how to explain, but this is completely unusable. Also when it resets Thumbs generating - it sometimes returns me back to several images before. Completely random behaviour. Very buggy. 
So I see some thumbs show images then it stops on some picture, all thumbs turn black, and starts again, and then again, screen black, and so on. When generated thumbs turn black - it resets my current view mode.
2. All this happen on the same folders again and again. So no any Thumbs / Metadata previously generated. 
3. One week ago it was even worse. Kodi constantly crashed during thumbs generating. I tried to disable showing of Exif info and seems like it doesn't crash anymore (cannot say for sure). But this is not normal that this option crashes Kodi.
4. After leaving of Kodi Photo section - nothing works at all. All sections (Video, Add-Ons, Music etc) just don't show content but show Waiting animated icon. Looks like some huge corruption happened. Exit from Kodi also doesn't work. It just freezes Kodi.

Seems like all this troubles with Kodi start happen only from 17 version. In 16.1 everything was ok. Each time when I get update I believe Photo is fixed. But unfortunately not. It simply not usable. And I have to use ACDSee to see the photos currently.

Messages In This Thread
A lot of Picture View problems... - by Turisto - 2017-12-05, 09:37
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
A lot of Picture View problems...1