After Kodi 17.6 install Defender says Trojan Win32/Vigorf.A found!
(2017-12-07, 19:22)FXB78 Wrote: I just downloaded and installed Kodi 17.6, so it looks like this is now resolved with Windows Defender. Panic over....... until next time Smile

Is that from Windows Store or the 32 bit installer from Kodi site? I downloaded from kodi site this afternoon. And that didn’t work.
(2017-12-07, 19:46)Tantrum Wrote: Is that from Windows Store or the 32 bit installer from Kodi site? I downloaded from kodi site this afternoon. And that didn’t work. 
It was the Installer, which then installed fine. However I just downloaded it again & this time Defender caught it, very strange Huh
Indeed.
Just downloaded the latest Windows version from the Kodi install site. and I ran into the same warning. (This is from Windows 10 Defender.)

Yes, I understand that this is *probably* a false positive, but I'd rather not take the risk.

When will this be resolved?

Thanks!
It will be resolved once Microsoft update their definitions to not spew a false positive.
When do you expect this? Has Kodi reported this issue?
(2017-12-06, 03:05)Karellen Wrote: What further information are you going to wait for? There is no further information coming from Kodi.

Try this site... https://www.virustotal.com

I just downloaded and ran a virus scanner. These are the results. 54 out of 55 have confirmed it is ok. You can even check the file signatures.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/6f4ae...512521929/

That's the last I will be contributing to this thread for now.
 Thanks for ignoring the legitimate concerns of the users. If a major antivirus provider reports issues with your software you should contact them to fix the issue, not hide your head in the sand.
Your report has been acknowledged VladSnow.

My statement still stands.

You joined just to have a whinge. Feel better?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
OK, I'll try to contact Microsoft on your behalf. Not sure how successful I will be since I'm not developing the software.
Neither am I. But I do volunteer my time to deal with genuine members seeking assistance, and other members like you.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-12-09, 02:22)Karellen Wrote: Your report has been acknowledged VladSnow.

My statement still stands.

You joined just to have a whinge. Feel better?
Not really, but I hope to be after I finish the remaining half of the wine bottle.
(2017-12-09, 02:26)Karellen Wrote: Neither am I. But I do volunteer my time to deal with genuine members seeking assistance, and other members like you.
 OK. Report submitted to Microsoft. I wasn't able to submit the actual file since it's larger than 50MB, I hope they don't ignore the report.

New to the forum here but I am glad to find I am not the only one experiencing a problem with downloading Kodi 17.6
A bit of background. I had 17.6 up and running but ran into issues with a build sooooo ... I uninstalled Kodi, then discovered that somehow I had lost the downloaded executable file for 17.6
Went hunting in places that I thought it might have "wandered off to", even checked my recycle bin.
No luck!
I have attempted to download the 17.6 executable for win32 more than once both in Chrome and in Explorer Edge. Each time it seems to download fine until Windows Defender insists that it has a virus and cancels the whole dang thing.
I am feeling ... exasperated because a version of Kodi that worked perfectly fine for me just earlier today is apparently not available for me to download this evening.
Yes I used the Windows 32 download as well as the mirror and each time my computer fails to do as I want.
Any suggestions to help an old lady who just wants to watch her shows (besides going back to 17.4 as I still have that download).
Thanking all in advance for assistance.
Same issue today.
Alright. So how do we fix it?
For a start, avoid banned add-on (wiki) builds, or else you may well open yourself up to exactly the kind of thing you're trying to avoid in this thread, namely viruses and malware.

Many of the 3rd party addons in such builds use illegally sourced pirated media and suchlike from shady file locker sites that could come with all sorts of nasty extras if you're not careful...

The executable downloaded from here or our mirrors is checked and clean. But we can and do offer no such guarantees for anything else you may choose to contaminated it with afterwards.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
After Kodi 17.6 install Defender says Trojan Win32/Vigorf.A found!0