Win Kodi 17.6 Krypton detected as Trojan
I just got a message from my antivirus saying that this program is dangerous and executes commands from an attack. It says to remove threats now, but do not want to lose the program if I do.

Why did I get this message?
(2017-12-05, 23:12)MikaelaArsenault Wrote: I just got a message from my antivirus saying that this program is dangerous and executes commands from an attack. It says to remove threats now, but do not want to lose the program if I do.

update your antivirus program
I got the same statement, "Trojan:Win32/Vigorf.A"
my virus definitions were just updated tonight, 12/7/2017, Never had this on any previous installs!
(2017-12-08, 01:43)Zoltair Wrote: I got the same statement, "Trojan:Win32/Vigorf.A"
my virus definitions were just updated tonight, 12/7/2017, Never had this on any previous installs!
12/07/2017 Windows Defender: All Detected Items
      Category: Trojan

Description: This program is dangerous and executes commands from an attacker.

Recommended action: Remove this software immediately.

Items:
      file:C:\Users\Me\Downloads\kodi-17.6-Krypton-x86.exe
      process:pid:6908,ProcessStart:13157164982828632

I also run MBAM Premium which scans all network traffic on my PC. It did not flag the file as malware.
So outta curiousity do you really think the devs here are spreading malware or could this be a slim chance of being a false positive ?

here are the following options

1. uninstall 
2. update antivirus

its not that hard there has been threads like this for every release due to antivirus being to sensitive
(2017-12-06, 22:53)swetoast Wrote:
(2017-12-05, 23:12)MikaelaArsenault Wrote: I just got a message from my antivirus saying that this program is dangerous and executes commands from an attack. It says to remove threats now, but do not want to lose the program if I do.

update your antivirus program

I only have the built in one for Windows 10.
See https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=325086

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi 17.6 Krypton detected as Trojan0