Req Kodi purpose
Playing .rar files and use own NFS/FTP Servers, Plex is just a mess with all these scanning, i just hate all this "library" things. Makes no sense for me because Autodownload from FTP and i only need to go to the folder and can play the files no unraring and Stuff. With Plex its just a mess for me dont and i hate actually the Plex server was a performance killer on my PC.
I use Kodi on my NAS drive that is connected to my TV via HDMI. I use it for local content, no streaming. Combined with Radarr and Sonarr, it is great Smile
About "Kodi or Plex" or in extension "Kodi or Emby" .. Kodi is a wonderful frontend, and works better than both Plex or Emby for my use case... but as backend, I would never want to rely on "naked" Kodi again. Having Emby doing all the scraping, managing and preparing is a godsend for me, and Kodi does what it does best - being a playback interface where content is put in "already prepared". 

I could also use the Apps from Emby, but I use a lot of the (legal) Kodi Addons for streaming of local TV media offerings - 7TV, TV Now, TLC, DMAX, etc. (all german tv stations with a free offering on the web for after-airing streaming)... 

So thats my use case: have one frontend that is good for my local media (sourced from emby), and for streaming of regional TV offerings as well. I could do livetv with it, but I don't bother watching that...
You should start charging for it you would make a fortune even if you only charged a one off fee.

BTW: I don't believe you don't use pirate add-ons to view pirated content whether that be new content or old silent movies; or maybe one or 2 do although I doubt the rest do.
only because you use those shitty add-ons to watch pirated content, doesn't mean others do. I don't and I don't know anybody that does. I'm happy using add-ons from official repository, my local library, PVR and in addition Netflix and Amazon Prime. There is nothing I would miss those piracy add-ons provide, plus I like to keep my privacy. God knows what those add-ons do in the background. One once did mine bitcoin from what I've read. Certainly nothing I look forward to.
(2018-03-31, 21:53)Kloppite Wrote: I don't believe you don't use pirate add-ons to view pirated content whether that be new content or old silent movies; or maybe one or 2 do although I doubt the rest do.
 I well and truely do only use Kodi for YouTube in terms of streaming.  Everything else is for playback of files on the LAN.  Though I did use the Apple iTunes addon a lot before it went defunct. Sad

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi purpose0